Assault On Man Wearing Skirt

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
KasparHauser

Assault On Man Wearing Skirt

Post by KasparHauser »

Police in Lincoln are suggesting that an assault on this man by four men may have been "provoked" because he was wearing a skirt: http://thelincolnite.co.uk/2015/11/assa ... ay-police/
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Assault On Man Wearing Skirt

Post by moonshadow »

I don't know what to say. What can I say?

I hope the community rallies behind this man. I also hope this doesn't stop him from wearing skirts.

I also have an issue with one of the comments. I realize it was meant to be in support of the victim, but still, it just didn't strike me as "appropriate".
Despicable. These four 'men' should be forced to wear skirts and then be made to parade through some form of hetero event. See how they like it.
Again, I know the commenter obviously have good intentions, but it's worded as though a man wearing a skirt is something to be ashamed of.

I'd tell you what I'd like to do to the thugs who did it, but I don't think it's appropriate for this board.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

I too have an issue with the comment that the 4 men should be made to wear skirts. Wearing a skirt is not a punishment, we men wear skirts and Kilts because we want to, as a personal preference and should be allowed to do so as, when and where we want without fear of bodily harm.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

That comment has now disappeared. Modded out or a complaint, I wonder?

The attack took place at 2 a.m. on 1 November, i.e. late on Hallowe'en. Chance are the victim was on his way home from a fancy dress party, rather than a kindred spirit of us here. Not that it matters why he was skirted. Goes to show that there are dangerous nutters out there who might take a dislike to a man in a skirt, at 2 o'clock on a Saturday night at any rate.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

skirtyscot wrote:That comment has now disappeared. Modded out or a complaint, I wonder?

The attack took place at 2 a.m. on 1 November, i.e. late on Hallowe'en. Chance are the victim was on his way home from a fancy dress party, rather than a kindred spirit of us here. Not that it matters why he was skirted. Goes to show that there are dangerous nutters out there who might take a dislike to a man in a skirt, at 2 o'clock on a Saturday night at any rate.
It's hard to say, the spirit of the comment was in support of the victim clearly, however he may have slept on it, and decided it didn't quite "come out right" and deleted it accordingly.

I've been there! 8)

Yes I too am extra vigilant when walking down dark alleyways alone, whether I have a skirt on or not.

I also wonder if alcohol was a factor. Halloween party and all. There is a story of a man in Bristol TN, a pastor of all people who got apparently got drunk went off the deep end, donned a skirt, started flashing children, got arrested, and the rest is history.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

moonshadow wrote:I also wonder if alcohol was a factor. Halloween party and all. There is a story of a man in Bristol TN, a pastor of all people who got apparently got drunk went off the deep end, donned a skirt, started flashing children, got arrested, and the rest is history.
Super. Just the kind of publicity that does so much good for the rest of us. With those types out there making headlines, it's a wonder more of us don't get assaulted.

As for being safe, I can't recall being in a situation where I have felt threatened, but I'm sure it could happen. I don't leave home skirted without a 4" lock-blade on me.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

dillon wrote:Super. Just the kind of publicity that does so much good for the rest of us. With those types out there making headlines, it's a wonder more of us don't get assaulted.

As for being safe, I can't recall being in a situation where I have felt threatened, but I'm sure it could happen. I don't leave home skirted without a 4" lock-blade on me.
Ahh, don't sweat it, the story is dated from 2007. Ancient history now. I only found it because I (quite vainly) googled "man in skirt bristol va" to see if anyone had said anything about my recent appearances, and this was the only thing that came up.
-Andrea
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I didn't notice it was an old article, after seeing someone post something along the lines of "Why was he wearing a skirt?" I commented "Why the hell not?" and over the last day it has been accumulating "likes", so it's nice to see people actually taking notice of the old article.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

B&B, I think Moonshadow was referring to the events in Bristol, VA, that he referenced, and not to the subject article, which appears to have been very recent.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

dillon wrote:B&B, I think Moonshadow was referring to the events in Bristol, VA, that he referenced, and not to the subject article, which appears to have been very recent.
Beat me to it!

My pinching in the Bristol story was not very proper forum etiquette on my part, for this very reason (leads to confusion).

For that I apologize.
-Andrea