Texas mom teaches daughter lesson with gender-bending family

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Jim2
Distinguished Member

Texas mom teaches daughter lesson with gender-bending family

Post by Jim2 »

Found this via http://www.scoop.it/t/pink-and-blue. It's about how we should not allow gender stereotypes to control us and includes the father wearing a skirt.

http://www.chron.com/life/mom-houston/a ... to-8055066
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Texas mom teaches daughter lesson with gender-bending fa

Post by Sinned »

I notice that one of the articles posted on the Scoop site is about women naval ociffers winging about new uniforms being based on the male standard. That's probably muted as to the comments if they based it on the female standard! I thought that women wanted to adopt male garments wherever possible so why the grouse? Not being familiar with either standard and based the wrong side of the river I can't really appreciate what the fuss is about.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Texas mom teaches daughter lesson with gender-bending fa

Post by r.m.anderson »

Uniforms - - -
It is the norm in the uniform clothing industry - notice the button placket placement !
The buttons are opposite of the male styled garments.
Generals Admirals Colonels Majors Lieutenants what have you - Nurses Peace Officers
Administrative and Service related uniforms the same.
Only in a rare case such as an oil rig worker is the male uniform the only option.
Female coveralls are just not provided in the heavy industries unless it is all female.

So what is this fuss all about - simply being a bit ambidextrous or a lefty helps with
buttoning those mirror image buttons if into serious wearing of all around women's blouses and tops !

So starting out wearing clothing that is usually worn by the opposite sex may be a problem
but is quickly overcome just like starting to wear kilted skirts and graduating to skirts and dresses.

Just don't make it habit to fumble bumble around buttoning in public or zipping on the left hip
or even the center back seam of some skirts. Try to avoid wearing dresses with the collar to waist
zipper fasting unless you are a contortionist !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !