skirt sold as 'showershort'

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Orca

skirt sold as 'showershort'

Post by Orca »

Where most people were used to shower naked after sports, the new trend is showering while wearing underpants.
The fear of pictures being taken and that those pictures could end up in the internet is one of the reasons that naked showering is 'not done' for boys.
One of the problems is that not many bring along a swimtrunk or a spare boxershort. So they (or their parents) end up with wet underwear.

A Dutch businessman presents a solution for this problem: a 'showershort', which is actualy a skirt that can get wet. You can put on the skirt, take of your underpants, take a shower, dry yourself and put on your dry (or clean pair of) underpants. All without anyone being able to see your private parts.

The skirts are sold on this website (all in Dutch, I'm sorry) http://www.protexz.com/ProtexZ-Showershort-Blauw at least you can see in the pictures that this is a skirt. I'm past the age where this could be a concern, if someone wants to watch me shower, it's their problem. Having a naked shower picture on the internet doesn't scare me a bit. At least these boys are getting used to wearing a skirt.

the article can be found here: http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1012/Nederland/a ... eren.dhtml
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Swim Well, Brother!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: skirt sold as 'showershort'

Post by STEVIE »

Hate to say this, but that's not a skirt.
It's a wrap to wear in the communal shower if you don't want your "bits" on display.
The after gym shower was a form of torture for many when I was at school, myself included.
Frankly, if this had been available, some asshole would have snatched it up.
Oh how to solve the problem? I know, let's add a "skirtish" cover up, Yay!
Who knows, it may just catch on.
Steve.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

On the one hand, it's a skirt being sold to boys, or young men, on the other hand, not showering naked?

What the...freaking heck is going wrong with the world?
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Women show more skin than that and are not showering !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

I have a sauna at home and a garment like that might be useful to wear when I am in my sauna.
Orca

Post by Orca »

Stu,

I'm afraid it's only boy sizes..

Personally, in my private sauna I would never wear anything.
I can sit on a towel if need be.
Swim Well, Brother!
owen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by owen »

Prudery gone mad :blue: . Everybody already knows what our body looks like; what's to be gained by hiding it? Nudity is the most natural thing in the world. If the hips need to be covered then the next most natural thing is a skirt, which is about the only advantage of this ridiculous garment.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

I usually wear an old pair of football shorts in my sauna. They are loose and comfortable. I know some people prefer to wear nothing at all in a private sauna and that's fine, but I don't feel comfortable naked.

There is nothing inherently natural or unnatural about human nakedness. It's several millions of years since we climbed down from the trees in central Africa and migrated to other climates and, so an extent, our bodies have adapted to wearing clothes and our cultural sensibilities have also changed as we have become accustomed to wearing them and to seeing others wearing them.
happykilt

Post by happykilt »

Well, having clothes on when in a shower sounds plain stupid.
Having clothes on in sauna sounds like sacrilege, not only stupid.
No offence meant but sauna is the place to purify both your body and soul...
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

I manage fine wearing shorts in my sauna. I am comfortable in them and relaxed. Why should I change that when it's how I like it?

The purpose of a sauna isn't to "purify both your body and soul." - it is to heat up the skin and sweat. A pair of football shorts doesn't interfere with this process.
happykilt

Post by happykilt »

Stu wrote:I manage fine wearing shorts in my sauna. I am comfortable in them and relaxed. Why should I change that when it's how I like it?
I do not know any reason, if you are in your own private sauna. Why even ask?
Stu wrote: The purpose of a sauna isn't to "purify both your body and soul." - it is to heat up the skin and sweat. A pair of football shorts doesn't interfere with this process.
Well, maybe one day you will get the enlightenment... :)
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Don't know about saunas, never been in one, however showers, to me a shower is for cleaning your skin off of dirt, sweat or chemicals in pool water, how can a man/boy clean the most sensitive bits when they are bound up in a pair of shorts/underthings? it just doesn't make sense! If they are that ahamed of their bodies that they can't even shower without covering things up the showerskirt makes a bit more sense than underpants, but I can't believe that people even consider them necessary!

The world is going mad, totally, completely and utterly barking mad. Stop it, I want to get off!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

With the way kids photo and video each other nowadays, I guess I can understand it, but I wouldn't think a skirt in the shower would elicit less teasing than bare genitalia, unless you had some deformity.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Taj
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Taj »

Pure rubbish to need to wear clothing to bathe. For that matter it's rubbish to wear clothing to swim. It's a nice practical little skirt for getting out of the shower and making a trip down the hall to the vending machine.

If someone is taking shower photos uninvited they need to be appropriately prosecuted.
You don't get to judge me by your standards. I have to judge me by mine.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Taj wrote:If someone is taking shower photos uninvited they need to be appropriately prosecuted.
This can be tough with smartphone cameras being so ubiquitous and Internet sharing being so easy. Still, feared instances may far outnumber actual. And I thought voluntary sexting was the greater problem.

Or people could just ease up. It's the human body, deal with it.

And anyway, what advantage does this have over a towel? It just doesn't seem like The Next Big Thing.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron