Cross-Gender Acceptance

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Cross-Gender Acceptance

Post by Jim »

Sinned wrote:I know that there are American, English and French mustards. Don't know if there are any others - there probably are.
My favorite, Chinese mustard.
kiltedBob

Post by kiltedBob »

:) I have to say that I have enjoyed this conversation about mustard(s)... I was aghast though that someone said they didn't like BBQ SAUCE...! :) . I DO UNDERSTNAD THOUGH.... I hate the yellow stuff except on my hot dogs.... GOTTA have my Texas brand BBQ sauce... Meat isn't any good unless it has Texas style BBQ SAUCE... For anyone who is interested, Brothers Gold is the best BBQ sauce...!! I now live in the Northwest and import Brother Gold from Ft. Worth, so that I can have a taste of heaven every weekend.... and sometimes during the week... in my skirt or kilt.... For the English bloke; I was in northern UK one summer and had to lace my food with BLACK PEPPER! Everyone expected me to die from the "heat"... Isn't it wonderful we all have our likes and dislikes.... Anyway...enjoy your yeller stuff and as I swoon on my BBQ sauce, I will think favorably about our differences and hope we both enjoy our "gourmet dinning". Keep the skirt on the body and out of the closet!!!!!!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

KltdBob!,

I'm sure your 'yellow stuff' has gained 'cross-gender acceptance', but using such strong tasting additives on perfectly good meat could hardly be described as Gourmet Eating. I'm NOT a mustard person, period.

The only hot dogs I like are real live affectionate ones with cold noses, which are perfect for clearing up the scraps after a BBQ meal, I must say.

I admit that a little judicious BBQ sauce goes well with outdoor grills, but gourmet eating is something very different indeed. I'm no expert here, but a thick succulent steak which yields to just the weight of the knife floating in a real white-wine/butter &c sauce with first class lightly cooked veggie and real small new potatoes is worth cracking open a good bottle of Claret or Burgundy for.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I didn't mean to initiate a condiment flame war. I only wanted to highlight the mentality of our neighbors to the south, and offer the example of their abuse of helpless pork. I simply asked what we might realistically expect, politically and socially, from people who would use mustard as a base for barbecue sauce? Isn't it obvious that we should have dampened expectations of them? :lol:
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

dillon wrote:I didn't mean to initiate a condiment flame war. I only wanted to highlight the mentality of our neighbors to the south, and offer the example of their abuse of helpless pork. I simply asked what we might realistically expect, politically and socially, from people who would use mustard as a base for barbecue sauce? Isn't it obvious that we should have dampened expectations of them? :lol:
LMAO. Love it.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

North Carolina is sandwiched between South Carolina and Virginia, you see, those old paragons of the antebellum south. As Garrison Keillor described us "North Carolina sits like a valley of humility between two mountains of conceit." So I may take just a bit too much pleasure in picking on our neighbors. No offense intended, only good fun.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Mmmm! I saw steak mentioned,

For the Scottish dwellers here I must recommend the best restaurant I have been to for a steak, recommended to a few others who also said they had never had steak anywhere near as good (anywhere). Head North but stop before you fall off the top. Head to a port called Scrabster, West of Thurso. Head to a restaurant called "The Upper Deck", head for the menu. Order a steak and prepare to be amazed.
The onlt problem is that after eating there, every steak you order is going to be a dissapointment unless you go back there for it!

Truly wonderful experience.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

So it's 'The Upper Deck' at Scrabster then, B&B. Did that steak have four foot wide horns on it!

Tom
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Kirbstone wrote:So it's 'The Upper Deck' at Scrabster then, B&B. Did that steak have four foot wide horns on it!

Tom
Tom,
The steak wasn't huge from a mutant coo, it was just steak sized, with a flavour and texture and a sauce, all to die for. I told my ex-boss, who has donr the foreign travel thing, U.S.A. steaks and many other countries, he tried the Upper Deck, then agreed that he had bever eaten a steak which came close to theirs. Hopefully if I get the job I am getting interviewed for next week, I will be an occasional visitor to Scrabsterland and can make the pilgrimage to the Upper Deck again.

I live in hope!
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Hey B&B,

You're telling the world about one of my favourite restaurants. If I can't get a table next time I'm in Scrabster I will come looking for you... :D

I discovered the Upper Deck one night while staying in town ready to get the first ferry across to the Orkney's the next morning for a week of jumping off boats and looking at much bigger ones upside down on the bottom (or slightly smaller on their sides which is far more interesting). Having had a steak in there on the way north, I made a point of stopping in the area for an extra day on my way south again, just so I could test to see if it really was as good as I thought. It was and I have eaten there every time I've been to Scapa Flow since then. Five meals, five steaks; all perfect.

Darn it, now I'm getting hungry and it's 650 miles from home :(

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Until you have carne asado in Argentina or Uruguay cooked over coals and served with vino tinto and a simple green salad, you haven't had BEEF.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

dillon wrote:Until you have carne asado in Argentina or Uruguay cooked over coals and served with vino tinto and a simple green salad, you haven't had BEEF.
Sounds nice, I think!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Pulling World Traveller rank now, Dillon. I'll wager a reasonable bet that those Argentinian steaks would have a fair deal of Aberdeen Angus in their lineage. :?:

As a normal dietary practice I indulge in red meat fairly seldom, oily fish &c being more often on my menu. I hold this little 'restriction' largely contributory towards my blood lipids/cholesterol count which at six dozen years on the odometer requires no pharmaceutical additives to keep it where it is, right bang in the middle of where it should be (Medical hat on). :D

This doesn't prevent me enjoying an occasional really juicy good beef steak, which is all the more of an occasion to be savoured.

Now where's the nearest airport to Scrabster, then?

Tom
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

dillon wrote:Until you have carne asado in Argentina or Uruguay cooked over coals and served with vino tinto and a simple green salad, you haven't had BEEF.
I've not tried it in Argentina or Uraguay (never been there) but I did eat it in Peru. I can confirm that it was good, but a steak from then Upper Deck is definitely my favourite way to eat beef.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

This thread has gone way off topic - what has mustard, steak etc got to do with it?

Anyway, for my 3 ha'pence worth, if a man has to remove his makeup to get a photo for a driving licence, so should all women. Or better knuxkle-down and accept all makeup no matter the gender. As his Facebook pics show, he doesn't look a lot different with or without makeup so why bother him. He isn't trying to look dramatically different.

I knew one girl at work quite a few years ago who every second or third week changed her hair colour (golden blonde, walnut, black, mouse-brown, redhead etc )and changed from long hair to short as well as having different styles so when should she have her pic taken as every so often she looks completely different? Mind you that was in the good old days in the UK before photo-ID licences came out...
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels