More on that Metro/tube/subway ride this Saturday...

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

More on that Metro/tube/subway ride this Saturday...

Post by renesm1 »

Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: More on that Metro/tube/subway ride this Saturday...

Post by dillon »

There are no subways in NC, sadly. Unless you mean the sandwich shop. We have a buttload of those. Maybe I will just go skirted to a Subway and order a BLT...
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

We've got the "T" in Boston which is underground for a certain part of its length, but I won't be in the "Big City" to my east on Saturday. However, I will be on Friday, weather cooperating, to go sailing again, as I was last Saturday.

Now, last Saturday, I did wear a skirt, but that's mainly down to simply because I wear skirts. This Friday, I'll probably be in one of my new pairs of palazzo pants because I'm going to be going into work first and they've not yet experienced the "shock and awe" of a bloke in a skirt in their midst. This will likely be rectified sometime once it warms up, but Friday is still slated to be cool and damp.

Boston, in very many ways, can be considered "West Dublin" and certainly the weather over the past few days has accentuated that linkage. I still think I've been transplanted without my knowledge or consent.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

My own feelings about this kind of public show is that it will probably turn out to be a farce with all sorts of clowns turning up for a lark in wigs, falsies and any old rags around their rumps, just to get themselves noticed, giving the serious skirt wearers no help at all.
Sorry, I have no wish to be associated with such people. Nor do I appreciate the idiots that will turn up to any Scottish event with ginger wig/beard and some shapeless bit of tartan. They are the ones that will get noticed and photographed in preference to staid and serious fellows -- like myself!
I feel that trying to organize an event inviting the general public is doomed to disaster, and can only bring skirt wearing into disrepute, whereas individually, going about our daily business without trying to draw attention to our attire more than to the job in hand, we can show that we are just ordinary people(with are fence for comfort).
Martin
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

I hope it doesn't become a farce. But I am not hopeful either.

I have been to a few gay pride parades and the only ones you really notice are the flamboyant men in full dress, petticoats, wigs and falsies.

We don't have a subway in Edinburgh, but I hope to wear a skirt at least some of the time for shopping (Tesco) and taking a faulty shaver back to Boots (only had it 3 weeks and now it doesn't charge up!) :D
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

skirtingtoday wrote:I hope it doesn't become a farce. But I am not hopeful either.

I have been to a few gay pride parades and the only ones you really notice are the flamboyant men in full dress, petticoats, wigs and falsies.

We don't have a subway in Edinburgh, but I hope to wear a skirt at least some of the time for shopping (Tesco) and taking a faulty shaver back to Boots (only had it 3 weeks and now it doesn't charge up!) :D
You could take that tram tomorrow!!! (Ducks head!)
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
kidme

Post by kidme »

I am not on subway... But I am on my way home from US, not exactly skirted, but in running skorts. I finally did it, out and about in an skirt like clothing, among people. Though it is a skort, it looks just like a mini skirt. The only comment was one TSA to another, "did u notice he is wearing a skirt?" The second "TSA says oh no, I didn't"
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

kidme wrote:I am not on subway... But I am on my way home from US, not exactly skirted, but in running skorts. I finally did it, out and about in an skirt like clothing, among people. Though it is a skort, it looks just like a mini skirt. The only comment was one TSA to another, "did u notice he is wearing a skirt?" The second "TSA says oh no, I didn't"
Congratulations and good going!

As you've now verified, people really don't care what you wear.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
kidme

Post by kidme »

Quite true. Just have to be confident, and behave normally. The guard before the bag drop was extra helpful, never had someone running back and fro the counter to help me with the tag and even drop it in for me without reaching the counter. On the 2hr flight, transit at IAD and 14+ hour flight was uneventful, though I wish the skirt is afew inch longer. Felt quite exposed since it barely reach mid thigh.

But did saw a flash behind me at the aerobridge, I hope the camera was targeted at the mountains outside the glass
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

I've flown in a skirt a few times, but I wouldn't choose a short one, the reason being that aeroplanes can be a little too well air conditioned. I have a long lightweight one which does the job nicely.

As for the Metro ride, my town of 5000 people doesn't have one. But I showed solidarity with those skirted Metromen by wearing a skirt anyway!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
kidme

Post by kidme »

Yeah, after 4 airports and 22+ hours in the air, 26hrs door to door, I am glad I have done it. Will I do it again? Perhaps.
It is definitely more comfortable, but the constant need to ensure the skirt don't ride up gradually as I shift myself in the confined seat may not be that ideal while trying to get a good rest.
Perhaps a much longer skirt will help.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

kidme wrote:Yeah, after 4 airports and 22+ hours in the air, 26hrs door to door, I am glad I have done it. Will I do it again? Perhaps.
It is definitely more comfortable, but the constant need to ensure the skirt don't ride up gradually as I shift myself in the confined seat may not be that ideal while trying to get a good rest.
A little length will help, but so will familiarity. You do have to learn how to move around and sit down in a skirt.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
skirtilator
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtilator »

Caultron wrote:
kidme wrote:Yeah, after 4 airports and 22+ hours in the air, 26hrs door to door, I am glad I have done it. Will I do it again? Perhaps.
A little length will help, but so will familiarity. You do have to learn how to move around and sit down in a skirt.
Ach, the real challenge is the toilet stable. Just lift the backside of a knee length skirt up, easy. 8) A kilt is probably to heavy for this exercise. :lol:
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

skirtilator wrote:Ach, the real challenge is the toilet stable. Just lift the backside of a knee length skirt up, easy. 8) A kilt is probably to heavy for this exercise. :lol:
I can vouch this works fine with utility kilts.

caultron
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

skirtilator wrote:
Caultron wrote:
Ach, the real challenge is the toilet stable. Just lift the backside of a knee length skirt up, easy. 8) A kilt is probably to heavy for this exercise. :lol:
i have found that knee length pencil skirts are ideal for staying up and out of the way when needing to pee, and if it's one of 'invisible' denim, no one bats an eye! A decent pair of briefs and a slip will also help stop your skirt heading north :wink: