Jared Leto

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.

Jared Leto

Postby Sinned » Fri May 02, 2014 7:57 pm

Here's another of those minor celebrities ( I haven't a clue who Jared Leto is and why he should be famous ) dressed in a skirt over trousers look.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2618390/Jared-Leto-wears-skirt-iHeartRadio-Awards.html

Looks good but would be better without the trousers!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Jared Leto

Postby dillon » Sat May 03, 2014 1:31 am

Leto played the drag queen associate of Matthew McConaughey in "Dallas Buyers Club" an excellent film that got McConaughey the best actor award and Leto the best supporting actor, if I recall correctly. I highly recommend the film.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Postby skirtingtoday » Mon May 05, 2014 8:01 am

I agree about the "losing the trousers" but it is still progress towards skirt acceptance.

I see from Wiki, he was also in Fight Club - an enjoyable cult film in the style of Rebel without a Cause
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Postby STEVIE » Mon May 05, 2014 8:15 pm

This seems to be a very slow, burgeoning trend which may well contribute to skirts for guys gaining "mainstream" acceptance.
I know it's a bit foreign to the ethos here, but would anyone out there try it?
I'd count myself out, old geezer, young clothes, plain wrong!
Steve.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Grok » Mon May 05, 2014 8:56 pm

See "Trying the New Fashion Trend" under Freestyle Fashions.
Last edited by Grok on Thu May 08, 2014 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Danny » Tue May 06, 2014 12:46 pm

I noticed pics with men in skirts over trousers or pants of sorts. Obviously it makes the skirt serve no purpose, but I see it was a step in the right direction.
If they keep the trousers on and call it artistic-fashion then less change of scrutiny, but at least it puts another image of a man in a skirt into the public eye and that's always a Plus. :wink:

P.s. Never heard of Jared Leto either. lol
-Danny
Danny

Postby Grok » Thu May 08, 2014 6:24 pm

Specialized skirts exist for skirts-over-trousers: as extra insulation during cold weather; to keep rain off.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Return to In the News / Advocacy