Man wearing skirt set on fire

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Man wearing skirt set on fire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Just noted this conclusion to the trial of Luke Sasha Feischman whose skirt was set on fire as a "prank".

The perpetrator was sentenced as an adult and got 7 years in prison.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/1 ... ng-injury/
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

skirtingtoday wrote:Just noted this conclusion to the trial of Luke Sasha Feischman whose skirt was set on fire as a "prank".

The perpetrator was sentenced as an adult and got 7 years in prison.
All I can say on that matter is, "Good." The punk is very lucky he didn't get tried for attempted murder.

I see that Sasha is attending MIT now. I wonder how he's dealing with the snow.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Catching up with this story from a while back, the offender has been sentenced to seven years in prison. The aggravated mayhem and hate crime charge which could have significantly increased that, was dropped. So it was just a felony and GBH.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/1 ... ng-injury/
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels