Superb Publicity for the Utilikilt

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Superb Publicity for the Utilikilt

Post by cessna152towser »

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/higher_edu ... d7d1d.html
An interesting link with a story worth sharing.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Superb Publicity for the Utilikilt

Post by couyalair »

Yes, all positive for once with no snide remarks.

Martin
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

Second thoughts : Do people really pay 330 things for a cotton skirt?
You could get a decent woolen kilt for less, and look far better (imho).

Martin
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Apparently some people do, but my price point is usually under $100.

And if I did spend $330 on a kilt, I'd sure hate to be wearing it wading through water slick with spilled diesel. But I guess in this case someone's life actually depended on it. Or at least, it got him in the paper.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
skirtilator
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtilator »

Second thoughts : Do people really pay 330 things for a cotton skirt?

Martin
What a kilt is made off is irrelevant. A tartan kilt ain't got pocket because it is part of a national dress which back-dates several hundred years, a woolen male skirt. The Utilikilt survival got plenty of pockets and a complex design. If practicability comes first, this is the way to go. Woolen kilts are heavy and impractical compared to the survival Utilikilt.

Who said that Utilikilts aren't overpriced? It boils down to someone's needs and bank account. The Utilitkilt is a cotton skirt in the same way the traditional is a woolen skirt. :lol:

I got a Trinity Business Kilt and the price just right for a custom made Utility Kilt with slash pockets, $110.00.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Kilting has a brilliant future.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

couyalair wrote:Second thoughts : Do people really pay 330 things for a cotton skirt?
Clearly they do! Utilikilt sell significant numbers of their kilts and we have to assume that the majority of the customers are happy or there would be significant negativity around the brand that just does not appear to exist.
But that is only your opinion and obviously others disagree. This is really no different to my disbelief that people are stupid enough to buy iPhones. I have one and it has the worst phone reception of any cell phone I've ever owned; a great gadget, but almost completely useless as a communication tool once I'm away from a WiFi connection. Yet people still buy them by the bucket load.

We're all different, we all like different things and if someone is prepared to make a skirt for men, and others are prepared to pay enough for it to make that viable, then I reckon we all owe a debt of thanks, if not necessarily of custom, to the manufacturer.

Have fun,

Ian.

(Owner of one Utilikilt bought from the "scratch and dent" rack for approx half price and too mean / impecunious to buy another at full list price.)
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Finnkilt

Post by Finnkilt »

off-main-topic, but a quick comment about the iPhone away from a wifi connection in the UK: try disabling 3G / 4G and you'll probably get better coverage, as there are simply more masts etc for the longer-established, slower networks
on the other hand, i was quite chuffed back in july to get a very clear call while hiking on Kinder in the Peak District, very high up
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Finnkilt wrote:off-main-topic, but a quick comment about the iPhone away from a wifi connection in the UK: try disabling 3G / 4G and you'll probably get better coverage, as there are simply more masts etc for the longer-established, slower networks
on the other hand, i was quite chuffed back in july to get a very clear call while hiking on Kinder in the Peak District, very high up
Well spotted, I have an iPhone 4 and am on the Vodafone network, it works well in most places in Scotland, even out in the Western Isles. There are places where there is a weak 3G signal or a good none 3G signal, sometimes it works better when 3G is switched off for the reason mentioned above. I am loathe to switch to a newer iPhone because I have been tols that the newer versions do not have the option to disable 3G. That must hurt battery life as well.
I know that there were problems with the early iPhone 4 phones, but the reception on mine is as good as the reception on the simple Nokia phone I carry for work, can't fault the iPhone and have seen nothing which would make me want to switch. A decent smartphone which was waterproof, now that would make me think about the switch, but with all the Apps and marine charts etc which work on my iPhone and iPad, I don't really want to start buying them all again. As fpr Windows phones, well I never liked Tetris and don't like the new blocky look to the interface. What has this got to do with utilikilts? nothing whatsoever, so I'll stop now.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I don't have a utilikilt....yet. I do however possess a mobile phone. The very cheapest nastiest on the market and it has a Vodafone card in it. My total outlay was Eur 19.99 and I buy credit whenever, which is very seldom as it gets precious little use. I almost never text anyone as it is gruesomely user-unfriendly.

Only a few people know my number, so it hardly ever rings. Perhaps a couple of calls per week and I frequently lose the wretched thing for days on end, forgetting when last I used it and where.

Problem here in Ireland is that it's far too windy for smoke signals to work. :lol:

God Bless E-mails & the internet.

T.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !