Dudes Turn Gym Shorts Into Dresses

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Dudes Turn Gym Shorts Into Dresses

Post by Caultron »

Tragically hysterical, but perhaps tought-provoking...

http://www.dailydot.com/lol/gym-shorts- ... es-reddit/
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Dudes Turn Gym Shorts Into Dresses

Post by r.m.anderson »

Certainly NOT my cup of tea !
But to each his own and the devil for the all of us !
Like the Pope said "Who am I to judge" !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

But folks being pictured and recognisable in a short dress can only serve to help break down the idea that men can't wear an unbifurcated garment without their gender / sexuality suddenly changing. They are doing it for fun, but it all helps to increase familiarity of the public with men in skirts or dresses.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I attend a gym regularly and wouldn't be seen dead in anything like that. It rather detracts from the purpose of a gym, does it not?

T.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Even with one leg in each hole I wouldn't wear that. To me, those ridiculously baggy shorts are, uh, ridiculous.

It seems, though, that the purpose of a gym is sweat, exercise, and fitness, and I don't see how fashion directly relates to that.

Except that for some, I suppose, a gym is also a place to show off your physique, the pecking order of fitness, and fashion does relate to that.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Caultron wrote:To me, those ridiculously baggy shorts are, uh, ridiculous.
I tend to look at them as "transition garments" much in the same line that "classic" "skorts" are. I'm waiting for some kid wearing a pair of them to challenge me on my skirts; the answer to that is simply, "At 20 yards what you're wearing is indistinguishable from what I am. I just have better ventilation."
[...]I suppose, a gym is also a place to show off your physique, the pecking order of fitness, and fashion does relate to that.
In that context, yes, it does approach fashion. It's not the view of the purist who's after the health benefits, but for a decent chunk of the gym-going population I suspect it is a factor -- especially in the "meat market" segment of gyms.

On fitness: If my body reliably does what I need of it, then I consider myself "fit". This means anything from shoveling snow in the winter to moving 500+ pound computers around.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Zorba
Distinguished Member

Post by Zorba »

Some of them actually look pretty good - but all of them are far too short for my comfort level!
-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

The only true benefit of gym shorts and other similar loose shorts is the ability to slide them over a knee-length or shorter skirt without having it look much different than before. That way, if you have to go somewhere where you have to wear something trousered, you can slide them on, do what's needed, then slide out of them and continue about in your skirted life. That's how I've been doing it for a few years. Of course, then I discovered the single edge razor blade and removed the inseam from said shorts. They still look like shorts, except when I stand with my legs together. Then it's obvious that the shorts are now a skirt.

Re: the pics, the girls did it better, but some of the guys did look ok. That said, it's not my cup of any beverage.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo