Recent article from Judgybitch on skirts+kilts

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Recent article from Judgybitch on skirts+kilts

Post by skirtingtoday »

Found this link from a men-in-skirts/kilts supporter who denounces the detractors of men in skirts/kilts - lots of food for thought. It pools a lot of different articles together, many of which have been discussed and noted here.

http://judgybitch.com/2013/04/24/oh-wha ... -get-laid/

(I do not approve of the bad language used in the article - it isn't required to get her point across)
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Recent article from Judgybitch on skirts+kilts

Post by Grok »

I recall a post to another forum regarding kilted men-women either love it, or hate it.
skirtilator
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtilator »

(I do not approve of the bad language used in the article - it isn't required to get her point across)
I don't apporove of your hairsplitting, some people have a different style and temper. I wouldn't call her a lady too, because that would require a high sophisticated level of mannerism. :roll:
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

skirtilator wrote:I don't apporove of your hairsplitting, some people have a different style and temper. I wouldn't call her a lady too, because that would require a high sophisticated level of mannerism. :roll:
I recall the first time I read Tracy Kidder's Pulitzer Prize-winning book The Soul of a New Machine I took great umbrage with the amount of profanity used. This is not because I am a prude or overly sensitive, this is because I hold the use of such language back for when it's well and truly needed.

Overuse of "potty language" is not usually the best way to get one's point across.

Of course now that every 8-year-old feels free to "drop the 'F-bomb'" at a moment's notice the word has ceased to lose its impact. I find this sad, because it's making it difficult to really, really, make one's feelings known when they need to be. Keep it in its place.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!