Men In KIlts Window Cleaning

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Men In KIlts Window Cleaning

Post by Caultron »

Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
MoonDrake

Re: Men In KIlts Window Cleaning

Post by MoonDrake »

I had looked into this, I wanted to open one in Springfield, mo.
"When the gates of hell are full the dead shall walk the earth"
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Why didn't you?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
orthohawk

Post by orthohawk »

There was a comment made in the first video that really bugged me. The franchisee mentioned having people come up behind him in Home Depot and lifting up his kilt, ostensibly to see what he was wearing under it. If I, as a man, EVER were to do this to a woman, I'd be arrested. Double standard indeed!

Another reason I only wear longer (below the knee) skirts!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

orthohawk wrote:...The franchisee mentioned having people come up behind him in Home Depot and lifting up his kilt, ostensibly to see what he was wearing under it...
I can't imagine this actually happening. The franchisee was more likely looking for some marketing notoriety.

I mean, if somebody really did kneel down next to you, grab your hem, and try to lift, you'd surely notice before they got too far. It seems to me that accidental exposure from wind or too short a skirt are far greater risks.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

What disgusted me was the two announcers ( particularly the female one ) rushing over to the window to try and look up the kilts. As has been said if the wearers were women then they'd have been classed as perverts! And the T-shirts had emblazoned on them "No peeking". It was all probably publicity but still the way it was handled left a bad taste.

And in the second clip the announcer looked ok in his kilt had he been wearing socks but his prancing about didn't appeal. From the brief flash the female interviewer looked ridiculous in her kilt over trousers. She didn't even have the confidence to shed the trews.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

I don't have any strong opinion one way or the other, no different from the tilted kilt pubs round here. It is much more accepted to see attractive young lasses in short kilts. Equality I say! Let the ladies employ a kilted window cleaner if they want. Having someone try and lift your kilt, or skirt, is a no no though, not to be encouraged.

From the other side of the fence, I have no objection to skimpy clothing in bar staff, or anywhere else, but given the choice between a pub with good service and good beer, versus one that doesn't have that, but half undressed staff instead, I'll take the good beer thanks. Same thing goes for this, I don't care what you wear, but if the windows aren't clean, you're not getting paid.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

It turns out that there's a local franchise of this operation in Framingham, MA where I now work. Or at the very least a work-van done up in green tartan and so labeled.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!