Friction at the muffler shop

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Stuart

Re: Friction at the muffler shop

Post by Stuart »

Sinned wrote:How much was the refund for? If it was the full $515 then it all depends whether the credit card company claim the charge back from the garage.
My refund was US$515. I believe that the credit card company "charged back" this amount, so this $515 came from the garage.
Sinned wrote:If they do then I would leave it to the garage to contact you to claim the $100. If they don't then put it down towards the expenses of phone calls etc. I presume that you won't be using that garage again since how could you trust them not to treat you like that again? If they do claim the $100 then pay by cash - in cents!!!! And get a receipt signed in blood and preferably not your own. If you only got $415 back then the $100 is already taken care of. There's no ethics involved in this decision really - just common sense. After all they upset you by trying to rip you off so why should you worry about their feelings?
Well, the deal that CA-BAR brokered for me was US$100 instead of $515. Of course, the garage repudiated that deal...

stuart
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I would still say that the ball is in their court and wait for them to contact you. They did try and rip you off after all.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

I doubt the shop has my address or phone number. They might have gotten my contact info from the credit card company, but I don't know that.

stuart
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Here we have the Data Protection Act which is designed to protect a personal's privacy. In practice it is used to avoid giving out ANY information even I as a husband being given any information about my wife. So here the credit card company would definitely NOT give out even address details. Let sleeping dogs lie and let them do the work to locate you if they want any money.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.