The Year in Style

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

The Year in Style

Post by phathack »

So I found this mention in a recent article.
Men in skirts is becoming a thing, and it’s not just about Marc Jacobs this time. Thanks to designers like Riccardo Tisci of Givenchy, not to mention all of the Gaultiers, Yamamotos and Rick Owenses before them, skirts for men are actually, finally, really and truly, being seen on men. Just not to the office. We’re still getting used to shorts!

http://gulfnews.com/about-gulf-news/al- ... -1.1123305
Only time will tell if this is actually happening of just more noise from the fashion designer world.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Year in Style

Post by skirtyscot »

Indeed, but the paragraph you quote is just one of many in a long article. It could have been missed out if the writer hadn't thought the comment worth making. Perhaps not the same as a whole article on mens skirts, written to fill the pages of a newspaper, and signifying nothing?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Other than kilting, I have not seen unbifurcated garments on males. I have reached the conclusion that-regarding men-the designers are clueless...and irrelevant.
Vince5680

Post by Vince5680 »

phathack wrote:So I found this mention in a recent article.
Men in skirts is becoming a thing, and it’s not just about Marc Jacobs this time. Thanks to designers like Riccardo Tisci of Givenchy, not to mention all of the Gaultiers, Yamamotos and Rick Owenses before them, skirts for men are actually, finally, really and truly, being seen on men. Just not to the office. We’re still getting used to shorts!

http://gulfnews.com/about-gulf-news/al- ... -1.1123305
Only time will tell if this is actually happening of just more noise from the fashion designer world.

Yes that is interesting ! Are we getting somewhere at last? I do hope so :)
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

"Just not to the office", there's the rub.
When a man in a skirt is able to attend his place of work with no "comment", then we've actually made it.
Steve.