Upskirting

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Hemitom

Upskirting

Post by Hemitom »

I know this might be kinda off topic but it is still is i guess.

My local TV station is going to air a story about the "up-skirting" issue about women. titled "Creep shots" I haven't seen it yet it will air tonight. ill send a link to it when it becomes available.

Anyway my opinion on this subject i pretty simple. women are complaining that people are taking pictures and video of their private parts. and posting them online. if they don't want that to happen then wear underwear or some type of bike shorts.

what is your opinion on that??
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Upskirting

Post by skirtyscot »

Women should be able to wear whatever they want, and whatever is under their skirts is not intended to be on show. Upskirt photos are intrusive, an invasion of privacy. (Ask anyone who has been the subject of one.) Your unpleasant argument is a similar line of thought to the one that says that if women dress provocatively, it's their own fault if they get raped. Upskirt photos and rape are both about men exercising power over women.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

This is a problem, and has been, mostly from very immature types who "get off" on such things, for a long time. The problem now is the advent of digital photography with very small devices and the Internet, and the shield of anonymity that it grants to those who would engage in this behviour.

Make no bones about it: this is aberrant behaviour on the part of those who take such photographs -- nothing more and nothing less. Telling women to, "Be modest; wear underthings." puts the onus on the innocent and is the incorrect response. The correct response is to identify those who (a) take such images in non-consensual settings and (b) post them online and then use the power of the law to firmly discourage such behaviours going forward. Bluntly put, blaming women for these idiots' acts is akin to blaming the victim of rape for the act.

Now, how does this affect us as skirt-wearing guys? We already know that the legal rules as far as exposed genitalia go we could technically get prosecuted in many jurisdictions for having our skirts blow up in the wind if we're "commando" and there's somebody willing to push the matter around to view the incident. Would this potentially happen if somebody got a glimpse (or photo) on a staircase? I don't know, and I do not want to find out first-hand.

Then again, I suppose we might -- all -- be better off if we just abandoned open-bottomed garments and wore Levis or Dockers the way that the marketers want us to. (I'm kidding on that last bit.)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Hemitom

Post by Hemitom »

I'm not defending the ones that are doing it. what I am saying is I think that woman need not to shall i say provoke the act. just be more aware of what might or could happen.
protect yourself from being a target of a crime. pro-act and not react.

if you are going to wear a very short miniskirt with no panties than walk out in public and expect everyone not to look. its not going to happen. I'm about 99% sure every male will notice no panties within a few seconds, that is inappropriate in most situations. doing so is bringing attention to yourself.
now with that said if you do want to wear the mini than you might want to wear something to cover your ass.

So whats the difference in wearing a bikini on the beach and then wearing panties& Bra?? Now you see the same thing either way. My point being is along the same lines as with men wearing skirts. its all about perception of the general public and what society says.

what about women that think wearing tights as leggings ?? you see everything anyway.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Even in our inclement climate, all too often I see girls parading the streets/malls in thick (fortunately black) tights/leggings with no attempt to 'hide' anything by wearing a skirt, however short. It has now become a fashion option. I don't however see them attracting unwanted photography as they have quite quickly become so everyday.

It's a transferrence to the street of female gym/workout attire, much more 'revealing' than the tracksuits and trainers which are also gym attire, but which for some time now have become a unisex alternative to otherwise universal blue jeans on the high street.

T.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Kirbstone wrote:Even in our inclement climate, all too often I see girls parading the streets/malls in thick (fortunately black) tights/leggings with no attempt to 'hide' anything by wearing a skirt, however short. It has now become a fashion option. I don't however see them attracting unwanted photography as they have quite quickly become so everyday.
If they have good legs & bum, I'm all for it! But sometimes the leggings are not quite opaque, and I feel like tapping the woman on the shoulder and asking her if she forgot something this morning! The problem is that women's legwear now covers every imaginable level of opacity and stretchiness from sheer tights to jeans. Sometimes women just get it wrong. I agree with Carl that to protect us poor dress-sense-less men from such faux pas, we should all just stick to trousers!

More common though is the problem that today's sedentary lifestyle and cheap fatty food lead to lardy backsides which really shouldn't be on display - it not just pleasant to see all those bulges. These women should wear a longer top, or something. The same goes for short skirts which fail to cover "thunder-thighs" and instead draw attention to them. Boak!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

Hemitom wrote: if you are going to wear a very short miniskirt with no panties than walk out in public and expect everyone not to look.
There's a big difference between that and the vast majority of women and men who go out skirted.
Common sense indicates boundaries.
If someone has to actively look, or use devices specially to see what someone is wearing under a skirt, then it's poor behaviour at best.
If it's hard NOT to see, then that's a different matter.
Some situations (going up stairs) may be harder to call as people have differing standards of behaviour.
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

This reminds me of the girl about a year ago in an extremelyshort mini skirt who bent down to pick up something that she had dropped. We both saw the "crack of doom" and had to quickly get around a corner before falling about laughing!
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Overheard on a Dublin tram: 'Jacinta, duz dis skurrt make me bum look fah?'......'Naw, Melda, it's de chocolah-eeclairs!'

T.
Taj
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Taj »

Sneaking around trying to photograph up skirts is a criminal activity where I live. I'm sure it falls in the same category as the perverts who sneak cameras or peep holes in the ladies room. Don't blame the victims. I also find judgmental comments about peoples bodies offensive. I'm a 22 body mass index (bmi) which is pretty good. Still its not my place to be critical of someone who has a far greater challenge being fit. Its far more important who you are, not how fat.
You don't get to judge me by your standards. I have to judge me by mine.
SkirtRevolution
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtRevolution »

I personally think that it’s disgusting and violating for a man to take photos or look under a woman’s skirts. But what I cannot understand is how these same women that demonise men who look under their skirts have NO PROBLEM with trying to look under a man’s kilt. In fact, there is a whole KILT BLOWING show where women us a garden blowers to blow up a man’s kilt. Furthermore, I am amazed at how many comments I get on my facebook site from all the women about what’s under a man kilt. Yet none of these women think that what they are doing is perverted or sexual harassment.

Now don’t get me wrong, I am not defending these men who take pictures under women’s skirts, this is completely perverted and immoral. Rather, what I am pointing out is the double standard. When a man does it we are sick disgusting perverted violators. Yet when women do it, it is fun, humorous and flirtatious and these women’s actions are viewed as acceptable. It the same as when a father neglects his children he is a “dead beat father”. Yet when a woman aborts and murders her child, she isn’t a “dead beat mother”, instead she viewed as liberated, empowered and celebrated for her rights, even though she has robbed the child of it rights and neglected her responsiblities.

The point that I am trying to make is that I see women demonising men all the time, yet defending their actions making it out to be acceptable, a joke, or some idea of being liberated, even though what they are doing is exactly what they are condemning men for. My attitude to this is that if something is IMMORAL, IT IS IMMORAL FOR ALL, BOTH MEN AND WOMEN!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Fighting talk, SkR, but all perfectly true.

Those two guys in the pic. are medelling a new line in Mary-Janes, I see ! :bom:

T.
SkirtRevolution
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtRevolution »

Kirbstone wrote:Fighting talk, SkR, but all perfectly true.

Those two guys in the pic. are medelling a new line in Mary-Janes, I see ! :bom:

T.
Actually, the one with the blower is a woman. They have these events where the girls blow the men’s kilts up. Sadly, the men encourage it.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

SkirtRevolution wrote:
Kirbstone wrote:Fighting talk, SkR, but all perfectly true.

T.
Actually, the one with the blower is a woman. They have these events where the girls blow the men’s kilts up. Sadly, the men encourage it.
...But she's wearing a Utilikilt! Is nothing sacred? :D

Have fun (they are),

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
knickerless
Member Extraordinaire

Post by knickerless »

I alighted from what was then a North London Line train (now part of London Overground) at Stratford Low Level station a few years ago and local youth decided to try and take a picture up the knee length denim skirt I was wearing. I was just trying to get off the station as quickly as possible to avoid a scene and he was not looking where he was going. He tripped and dropped his phone which smashed into several pieces. The pieces were quickly trodden on by the other passengers alighting from the train. was it worth it ,,,I wonder.

Nick