Men in Kilts

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
SkirtRevolution
Member Extraordinaire

Men in Kilts

Post by SkirtRevolution »

This looks like a great way to promote a company and at the same time promote kilts as a everyday casual/work wear and even promote the wearing of other male unbifurcated garments. Check it out!

http://www.meninkilts.com/
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Men in Kilts

Post by skirtyscot »

I like the "no peeking"! Kind of acknowledges that a kilt is maybe not the best choice of what to wear up a ladder.

And in the "residential customers" picture, the guy on the left is positioned in just the right place. At first glance I thought the mudflap was his leg and the divider between the two windows above his shoulder was his arm, and he was doing the highland fling!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

skirtyscot wrote:I like the "no peeking"! Kind of acknowledges that a kilt is maybe not the best choice of what to wear up a ladder.
I'd say, au contraire, they are showing that a kilt is as good as any other garment to wear for work. I wish them every success and hope others will follow suit.

Martin
owen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by owen »

Wonderful! It's a great way to get the message out that skirts (kilts anyway) are comfortable practical everyday working garments. It also seems to be a very clever marketing stunt by this company; it's an absolutely original and unforgettable image, in an industry where the customers are mainly women. Best of luck to the kilted conquerors!
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Great gimmick for a company! I wish the MoD would do something similar, but corporate, grey and disheartened is the look for my place. Never mind, off to Ullapool today for the guitar festival. And I'm not taking trousers, the only copout is the kilt along with my trusty cargo skirts.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

I have already confirmed with HR that men can wear kilts in my firm. Written confirmation too and I have worn a kilt before. Can't wait to get a pinstripe kilt suit!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Now that would be an interesting one, Ray, and no doubt smart, too. But I suspect as a bespoke one-off it'll be fairly expensive.
I also suspect that in all probability you won't be climbing ladders in it, either.

Tom K.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I've been wearing skirts to work for a couple of years now, and today I was up on a step-ladder in the computer room trying to ferret out a bit of a wiring mess. Of course with my height I don't have to go very far up a ladder to get all the access right up to the ceiling I need, but still, I was a good two or three steps up. I received no comments.

However, the above having been said, I would not wear one of my skirts up a ladder to, say, clean the gutters on my house. One, I'd get the garment really dirty and, two, I'd be afraid of stepping on the hem and tearing it. But then again, the stuff I usually wear is longer than the standard kilt.

In any event, and I pointed this up in another thread having to do with architecture, it's usually very difficult to get any sort of an upwartds "view" because of light and contrast; the environment does not favour such angles. I suspect modesty is being used as a bit of a foil here.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!