I don't post much

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.
PatJ
Member Extraordinaire

I don't post much

Post by PatJ »

After reading (catching up) on many of the posts - (missed some because the topic was closed and/or removed) I kind of got the feeling that a couple of people were upset by responses (or lack there of) to their postings and have moved on to other forums.

I thought I post a few of my thoughts in a general topic and perhaps others find themselves in the same mindset as me.

Often times, I don't post a response to a picture if I don't care for the look. My mother taught me years ago (rest her soul) that if you can't say something nice - don't say anything at all.

Then there was the matter of red toenails included in just about every post by a different individual. That's nice for him, but it is not for me so I just let the topic drop.

And my third and final pet peave is the topic of crossdressing and transvestism. Who gives a care about that? Certainly not I! Clothing is clothing and should have the purpose of protecting the body from the elements, covering the less presentable parts of the body from unnecessary exposure, and provide comfort for the wearer. I could care less if the clothing was designed to be worn by men or women in the 21st century. In the timeline of history, just about everyone has worn just about everything. What is considered on the fringe today, may be high fashion in 10 years. Who cares.

What I am interested in is: Where can clothing be purchased at reasonable prices; How can we present ourselves in society without looking like freaks; and Hearing about other's experiences.

I feel better now that I've said all that, and if a few people have left because they didn't get their needs met - oh well - life will go on.

PatJ
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

Well said, Pat J, well said!