Lack of Respect --- Start a New Forum?

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

I would much prefer to see the whole idea quietly abandoned. There seems to be little real enthusiasm for such a split (otherwise, surely, there'd have been a wave of animated support by now?). Part of the dilemma is, "What exactly does Freestyle Fashion actually consist of?". By the very nature of the beast, it must(?) be recognisable as "a trend with a significant following". Why do I say that? Because if it is only one person's idea of what they (personally) choose to wear, then it isn't 'fashion' as such, just an individual whim. Nothing particularly wrong with that philosophy, but does leave itself open to folk giving answers to the, "Does my bum look big in this?" type of question, that they'd rather not hear!

Does it (Freestyle Fashion) include, for sake of (recent!) debate, leggings? They've been around for years now, as 'unisex' as you can get, and by nature of having two legs, outside the stated scope of this particular forum! Fine for The Atrium (or IMFF if it ever returns!) possibly, although with little enthusiasm even there, I suspect.
ChristopherJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChristopherJ »

I am largely not in favour of starting a new 'freestylers' forum, as I feel it would dilute the style and content of the things we seem to be wishing to talk about at the moment. Also, it would possibly polarise MIS into freestylers and bravehearts even further; not a positive step in my view. I think there are sufficient subcategories in Skirt Cafe as it stands, to cater for our varied interests and favourite topics. The Cafe is not really broken at all, so (as I've mentioned before) I feel its best not to try and fix it.
Personally, I am happy within the Skirt cafe forum - but nevertheless, there is a whole bunch of people out there who used to visit the IMFF or Atrium forums - who don't really have anywhere to go now.

I used to use the IMFF forum and found it great fun. I miss it. So in that sense I would like to see a replacement for that and I hope that a Freestyle Cafe forum could provide such a replacement.

If no replacement for IMFF and the Atrium is provided then either - lots of men will be left feeling rather alone in their efforts to explore mens fashions freedom - or they will sign up to Skirt Cafe (being the only viable skirting place for them) - and possibly create conflict or bad feeling between extreme freestylers and those MIS who find such fashions quite objectionable.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood . . .
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Freestyle cafe

Post by Peter v »

Hi there, it isn't nessesary? yes and no,
Firstly anybody who doesn't respect the other, doesn't belong on any forum. Point.

Secondly any man (or woman ) deviating from somebody elses perception of how somebody "should" be dressed is a freestyler. We are all ( all poeple) in that definition freestylers.

Thirdly, we ofcourse recognise that there are men who want to be the drab old selves, only instead of wearing pants, they wear skirts, possibly also so drab as their pants. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. They of course want the manly image they had before, continued, which is great if you like that. These men are somewhat weary of other men who dress very more freely, being more colourful and free in their choice of skirts and other fitting clothes to match. Somewhat the same as a man stepping into a bar in an italian three piece suit, where there are only people, mostly factory workers, with all bland and well worn manly jeans or the like.

Their fears are that other people percieve that as being feminine or the like, which they don't want to be associated with. Understandably. As we, all men who are skirt wearers, are MEN wearing skirts, we all share the same goal, same interests, but we all have different needs as to the way we dress up. We NEVER immitate women. But to keep the difference in dressing needs apart, for the public eye at least, it is understandable that the men who for want of a better word, are somewhat bland in their dress style, trying to keep up their manly image, the forum to which they are members, should show that "blandness" and not be too varying.

I beleive we can live very well, very hapily together, in one forum, but to prevent the two extremes clashing it may be handy that the free-er dressing men in skirts have their own freestyle cafe, where mostly the more free way of dressing is spoken.

There are two issues here, the public eye, to which we care or don't care about and our own skirt wearing community. Which do we choose for, and how do we play that?

We are who we are. That's my belief, so playing a certain image to the public is not my way, If you want to play the public, you in turn will be "played" by them, because you will start prohibitting youself to please the public opinion. I don't think that's the way to go.

I don't believe two separate cafes are neccessary, but do beleive the two cafe's next to each other, with adjoining doors, wide open, can function well. There is no difference in the men at either cafe, only some are more outgoing in their clothing than others.

peter v
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.