"Personal Stories" Area?

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.
Emerald Witch
Member Extraordinaire

"Personal Stories" Area?

Post by Emerald Witch »

I would like to suggest an area for folks to post their personal stories. Like a "confessional". The "introduction" thread just doesn't seem quite the place... People want to just say "Hi" at first, not spill all their guts out...

But when the time seems right to finally share something deep... where does one go to do it? Stand in the middle of the "other stuff" courtyard and holler?

Well, maybe that's unfair. I take that back. But it was clever, so I leave it in enough for you to see it and chuckle. ;)

So that's my suggestion. That maybe a "personal stories" area might be a good idea. It's totally open for debate. I've no real problem, whatever the outcome.
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

Debate, anyone?

OK, it wasn't too hard... I just implemented Emerald Witch's suggestion, as well as a few other rearrangements to the forum.

We used to have more categories at Tom's Cafe. Then Noodles reduced it to two categories, kind of minimal. Now we're slowlying getting more categories. Category creep, so to speak.

The debate, if there is any, should ultimately be about: (a) whether we have a good set of categories, and (b) whether there are too many or too few.
SkirtDude

Post by SkirtDude »

deleted
Last edited by SkirtDude on Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChristopherJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChristopherJ »

We used to have more categories at Tom's Cafe. Then Noodles reduced it to two categories, kind of minimal. Now we're slowlying getting more categories. Category creep, so to speak.
Eeeeeeek!! :shock:

<Frantically tries to brush off the categories climbing up his leg!!>

OK - just a joke.

My opinion on this is that the new look forum is just about right in terms of the range and number of categories available at the moment. I think we should leave it as it is for a few months - to 'bed' in a bit and let people get used to the new categories etc. - and then review the situation again.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood . . .