NEEDED: Membership Administrator

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.
Bob
Barista Emeritus

NEEDED: Membership Administrator

Post by Bob »

As many of you are aware, the Cafe has had trouble in the past with getting spammed. This has now been stopped by requiring admin approval for all new members.

The problem is that now, new members are not approved as quickly as they should be. The directions at the top say one should send a message to the administrator to get approved; but many prospective members do not. And I do not have the time to log on every day (or even week) and approve people.

So... I am looking for a membership administrator to help out with this task. You would need to log on regularly, check out the new member registrations, approve the ones that look real and delete the ones that do not. It's actually not that hard to figure out, but these days most registration attempts are from spam robots. In case you accidentally approve a spammer, it's not too big a deal; once they prove their spamminess, you just delete them then.

This is important for the long-term viability of the Cafe; without it, we risk slowing losing membership by attrition and not getting it replaced.

If you are interested in this position, please post here on this thread or PM me.

Thanks,
-- Bob
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Bob,
I would be happy to help out. I am online nearly every day and it is a job worth doing. IMFF is a good example of what happens if you don't keep on top of the spammers so let's keep this forum clean.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!