What happened to the MUG gallery at Tom's?

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.
binx
Member Extraordinaire

What happened to the MUG gallery at Tom's?

Post by binx »

Go there to check out the archives once in a while and noticed it's gone.

binx
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hi,
Can't now access MUGS gallery. Will someone please REMOVE my single pic from it. Tried to login with normal user and password--no go.
Thank you,
Greg
binx
Member Extraordinaire

Post by binx »

I can still log in, but there's no menu item for accessing it.

binx
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Suggestion

Post by Since1982 »

If it's not too much trouble and/or cost, perhaps re-doing the gallery would be in order. I'm sure those that are still active members and have pictures of themselves would be only too happy to send you updated versions of what was in there before or the same pictures they originally submitted. :) I know I'd certainly be happy to re-submit my pictures. :)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

Every now and then someone would apply for membership to the new gallery in the past, and I would (eventually) approve it. But so far, NO ONE has posted any pictures.

That kind of sapped my motivation to take the time to approve people, and I procrastinated the last few months.

Now, a number of people have applied for membership in the new gallery. And I have approved them all. So please... this time, let's see some great pictures! If you have troubles, please email me or post here.

To view our photo gallery, click on "Photos (new)" at the top of this page.
ChristopherJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChristopherJ »

I couldn't understand how to upload anything there. Can I have some instructions please?
It's never too late to have a happy childhood . . .
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Bob,

Thanks for approving my login to the gallery. Although I can now get in, the only difference I can see is that my user name is displayed and I have the option to log out!

There does not appear to be any way to upload a picture nor any pictures to browse apart from the one on the initial welcome screen.

Does anyone have any clues?

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Bob,
I tried to register with the new gallery last year and nothing happened, so I just gave up. Once someone has tried and succeeded I will have another go. With my job any photos of me skirted would need to be decapitated but that's just my sad life.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Bob

Post by Since1982 »

I clicked on "photos (new)" and saw the same 2 pictures of Bob I saw the last time I looked. Where are all these "new" submissions he speaks of and how can they be viewed? Also, how can new or older photos be submitted to that page? :(
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
binx
Member Extraordinaire

I think Bob said

Post by binx »

That he approved their membership, and he's waiting for them to post the new pictures.

binx
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

binx wrote:That he approved their membership, and he's waiting for them to post the new pictures.

binx
I can't see any way to upload a picture. There is no button marked "add", "upload", "submit to moderator" etc and I can't find any guidance or hints so assuming that others are seeing the same as I am it could be a long wait for pictures to be posted.

I can't help wondering if that's why no pictures were posted before; Bob wrote:
Every now and then someone would apply for membership to the new gallery in the past, and I would (eventually) approve it. But so far, NO ONE has posted any pictures.
Does anyone know how to post to this gallery or is there something else that needs moderator attention before it will work?

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
binx
Member Extraordinaire

I found this post

Post by binx »

CharlesG wrote:The current Photo Galery is set up in a way so that people don't run amok posting thousands of photos. There is a screening process involved where noone can post too many photos and eat up precious disk space.

If anyone wishes to contribute to the Photo Gallery just send an email to [email]"galleryadmin@onlinedreaming.com"[/email] and be sure to include your Cafe Username and what caption you would like to have displayed beneath your photo.

Wonder if this would work?

binx
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Binx,

In the thread "New Cafe Photo Gallery" (Skirts and Kilts for Men forum area) Bob wrote:
The Cafe photo album can be found at

http://cafe.onlinedreaming.com/gallery2/

(or via the 'Photo Gallery' link at the top left of the page).

New photo submissions should be sent to

MUGshots@tomscafe.org
So I guess that pictures need to be emailed somewhere for uploading, but the email address given at Tomscafe is now dead....

Have fun,

Ian.