Critique and Fashion Flaming Forum

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.
WSmac
Member Extraordinaire
Location: Northern California(North of the Bay Area, that is)

Critique and Fashion Flaming Forum

Post by WSmac »

I hereby offer up my proposal for the first-ever Skirt Cafe Fashion Critique and Flaming Forum! :cheer:

Over time, I have seen plenty of questions posted asking how something looks on some other website, or on some member (sometimes with pics).

I have also read plenty of comments that were either fairly sharp in reply or read that way.

Why don't we have a "no-holds-barred" forum so all the negative comments, misinterpreted comments, and flaming wars can exist in one place separate from all the other fun forums? :think:

Actually, I withdraw my proposal due to the realization that it was all rhetorical anyway.
:D
WSmac
r1g0r
Member Extraordinaire

wsmac...

Post by r1g0r »

i'd say that was an incredibly GOOD idea, except that most folks who flame wouldn't limit their attacks to just 1 forum.

:cool:
you know... george orwell warned us!
"Moderation is a colorless, insipid thing to counsel. To live less would not be living."
Sister M. Madeleva Wolff (1887-1964), CSC
Brandy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Brandy »

Not a good idea, because people will stake out a position and defend it to the death even if they know they are wrong.

I have seen forum members leave because of flame wars and even a forum get shut down because of the flaming. Hurt feelings get carried over from one place to the next.

Civil discourse is still the best wether one is on a forum on the internet, at work, or at home.

Fashoin comments are very welcome, personnel attacks are not. Some times a short seemingly innocent statement in a forum post can lead to a misunderstanding.

-- Brandy
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

My AOL chat room

Post by Since1982 »

Then there's always my AOL chat room, It's a members only room not a public room so there are no moderators or bosses of any kinds, 2 people involved in any kind of unfriendlyness or flaming can go there where they don't have to wait until the other person looks in at Skirt Cafe to answer what they say and have others get involved that dont need to be, and flame each other with any language they like until they both are either tired or worn out and friends again.

My AOL Chat is in the "Members Chats". "Mature Interests" section, Room name "Men in Skirts"..Since I created it yesterday, it's gotten about 15 hits. No negativity and a lot of curiosity. Don't seem like too bad of an idea. :)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/