New SkirtCafe Photo Gallery

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Re: New SkirtCafe Photo Gallery

Post by Since1982 »

I did relent and show a pic of myself from my trip to the World Series of Poker in Vegas. It was answered by a really negative, nasty PM by one of our members, who also venomously accused me of wearing a "WOMAN'S SKIRT", well gee, aren't we all mostly wearing those, since most Men's skirt manufacturers make stuff that looks like it would be a hit at a Goth Festival? That's not to imply there's anything wrong with Goth, it's just not for me. I like bright colors like most of my hawaiian style skirts and sarongs are. So, when and if we get a gang of only friendly folks here, (about 94% already are) I may try putting out another of my pics. Meanwhile, anyone that wants to see the real me, just let me know and I'll email you a pic of me. :) :thewave:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JRMILLER »

Skip,
You can send me one.

-john
-John

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself (Rick Nelson "Garden Party")
tooslowprius
Distinguished Member

Post by tooslowprius »

in one of my prev. post i mentioned getting a women's skirt suit. well, i finally got it here is a link to the photo's i took. let me know what everyone thinks.

Steve

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28727772@N04/
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

If you're trying to look womanly, I believe you've succeeded. Makeup and hair and the picture would be complete. Not my style although if it's yours, that's your choice. :alien:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

I think the outfit looks good, might change the shoes though.

John62
tooslowprius
Distinguished Member

Post by tooslowprius »

Since1982 wrote:If you're trying to look womanly, I believe you've succeeded. Makeup and hair and the picture would be complete. Not my style although if it's yours, that's your choice. :alien:
To answer your question no i wasn't trying to look fem. so to speak. the hose wear leggs everyday, and the shirt was a guys shirt. yes the jacket was a womens jacket, but i doubt i would ever wear the jacket i was more interested in the black skirt. I actually kind of like the lenght on the skirt. dosen't show too much leg and is easy to move in for the length. I just paired the suit with a guys shirt to see how it would look. i appriciate your comments though.

Steve

:wall:
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

Hallo Steve, don't bother with comments on looking too femme. Some men just ghave to get used to the idea that not all MEN are wanting to look as if the have just come down fromthe mountains or whatever.
If you have nice legs, enjoy wearing pantyhose. It just makes other men jealous. A ""softer" look is not neccessarily directly looking like a woman. If you wanted to look as a woman, you would have done so. AND I might add, you would possibly not feel comfortable here in the cafe, and be on a travetstite site or the like. :study:

Yes, your look is not extremely "manly". nor are many men's pants outfits, which are worn by men everyday. But as soon as men wear skirts, they are thought by some to want to imitate women. There is nothing wrong with wanting to have a look that goes some way towards the softer look that is still usually associated only with women. Luckily men have found a way of showing the other side of what men have had all along but not dared to or were not able to show with pants outfits. Actually if you wanted to demean any man in a skirt, you could say to any man, just add makeup and...... :roll: But it is not all that simple. I can't see much that says anything but that you are wearing casual "going out" clothes which are neat, giving a "softer appearance than some other clothing. We are not always getting dressed to go out in the woods and chop wood. :roll: :wink: And not all men have beards which give them a total other look than men who have neat short hair and a clean shaven face. Take a good look at men on the street, in the office, at work. How many are realy very manly? Even dressed in pants. By the way, there is nothin un manly about men wearing most clothes. It is more the attitude, the mannerism that determines manly or femme, just as some gay men dance and wave their hands, they may be dressed the same as other men, but in their typical mannerism are what we would call very femme. It just had to be said, again. :scratch: :hmmm:
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
tooslowprius
Distinguished Member

Post by tooslowprius »

well, thanks for the the commplments. with that outfit i wasn't aiming at trying to look like a girl. yes the jacket is a womens jacket and i doubt very seriously that i would ever wear the jacket. when i bought that off of ebay i mainly wanted just the skirt, but i got the whole thing for 10.00. i figured i would try the whole suit on one day and take a few pictures of it to see how it looked to see if the jakcet looked to fem or not. i mainly wanted a longer black skirt to wear insted of black dress pants for those (and beleive me they are) rare occasion's when i do dress up. for the most part i am in short, jeans, or a jean skirt. 99% of the time if i wear a skirt i am wearing hose. i just feel that if i don't wear hose with a skirt i am underdressed. :feedback:
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Nice look.

If you wanted to, I'd try out a mans shirt under the jacket. This might give you more of a mans "suit" look - men by and large wearing shirts with their suits, tshirts/topr being more of the preserve of women.

I think the hosiery is fine. Certainly, I'm not a fan of anyone wearing a formal skirt suit with bare legs - it looks as one part of you is in the boardroom and another part is on the beach!
tooslowprius
Distinguished Member

Post by tooslowprius »

the shirt that everyone see under the jacket is a men shirt that i have is hard to describe the feel of the materal. its not silk but its not cotton eather. I do have a mens suit jacket that i will wear if and when i wear that skirt out and about. i just put the women's jacket on to see how it looked and how well it fit. :D
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

I think your decision to skip the jacket works better for you, Steve. When I look at photos the arms are very telling that the wearer is male and the jacket took away that aid. It also made me realize why women like colorful makeup and large jewelry with a jacket outfit like that, those accessories really brighten it up and keep it from looking dowdy. For men their options are traditionally limited but a gold colored wristwatch and a belt with a shiny buckle would help.

Looking over your other photos I noticed you have a denim skirt worn with the split in front which makes it fall open. It looks like the skirt is on backwards. While you might intentionally be wearing it that way for the look I mention it because men might not be aware skirts often zip on the side or in the back which is of course not the way male styles are designed. When that slit is in back it gives you freedom to walk with a larger stride and also solves the problem of trying to keep the skirt on your lap.
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Since1982 wrote:If you're trying to look womanly, I believe you've succeeded. Makeup and hair and the picture would be complete.
Skip! As if you think men don't have long hair. :wink:
tooslowprius
Distinguished Member

Post by tooslowprius »

the skirt that i have that had the slit in the front was on right. there is a tag that i had in the back. i have seen a few ohter skirts like this.
Gemgbh66

Post by Gemgbh66 »

The old MUG shot gallery is still available; there's a link to it from the new gallery. With the change from Tom's Cafe to Skirt Cafe, I felt it was time for a fresh start with photos as well. But if you have a photo there you'd like to move over, by all means, go ahead and do it.
I may be doing this wrong I took and did copy and paste to get the statement above. My question is where is the link that is mention as I did not find it, of course I might be blind as a bat and it was clearly marked but I didn't see it.
Like the life your living or live the life you like.
Brandy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Brandy »

I know I'm getting older but I do not see any link to a "Photo Gallery". Where did you say this link was hidden?