New logo

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.

Should we use this image as the new logo for Skirt Cafe?

Yes, possibly with minor changes.
57%
No, let's try something else.
43%

Total votes: 164

iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

hmmm, how about a starbucks logo?! except you could make an anagram out of it, like skurt cabs! or bac skurts!
The only thing man cannot endure is meaninglessness.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Copywrite infringement

Post by Since1982 »

DanR wrote:Next you have the issue of who owns the copyright to the likeness of the real person depicted.
We don't have to depict any real person. Just an unidentifiable man in each garment,The men's heads can be turned in a way to not show any indentifiable characteristics in either skirt or kilt wearer. I am leaning towards Carl's suggestion of flipping the "men in kilts and skirts" to "men in skirts and kilts" as the logo suggests by name alone. After all, the new name is not "KiltCafe", it's "SkirtCafe". There seem to be plenty of Kilt oriented meeting places online already and only one skirt cafe. It's true our mentor in Heaven wore mostly kilts and when he started this site most of the members wore mostly kilts but that's changed a lot and I think most of the current members wear both with a leaning towards more skirts than kilts. Just a thought. :shake: :think:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
DanR

Post by DanR »

Actually, with over 90% approval for the currently proposed logo, I've been asked to send it along as the chosen version.
Dan Richardson
The CitySkirt Company
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

great! as for me, I was only kidding anyway about the starbucks stuff. I know there is a time and a place for humour--and here is not always it--but I did think the idea of getting characters with recognisable emotions on their faces with detailed clothing and faces and people hiding behind potted palms on a piece of jpeg about 1.5 cm square was funny as well. good effort, you comedians!

ok, enough with the jokes--that's the logo.. well done sir!
The only thing man cannot endure is meaninglessness.
The Satirist

Post by The Satirist »

DanR wrote:Here's the first pass at a new logo for our new home:

A little echo of the past but a brightened theme for the new days ahead.
(I've changed the background gradient so that the words are easier to read. It's now a coffee-colored gradient. If you're not seeing it correctly, clear the cache on your web browser and reload this page.)

I love it. No changes to suggest.
Freedom since July 3, 2004.

Genius can be recreated - Stupidity is irreplaceable. -The Satirist 2004-
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

The new logo looks good up there, it feels more like home to have something to greet visitors with. Thanks again, Dan!

Quiet Mouse