Naming of the Cafe

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Naming of the Cafe

Post by Bob »

The rules and subject material at Skirt Cafe are the same as they were at Tom's Cafe; see the "Summary of the Rules" post for a summary.

In particular, any aspect of fashion freedom is within the realm of discussion at the Cafe, just as it always was. The Cafe is a place of Bravehearts and Freestylers, just as it always was.

There is question that the term "Skirt Cafe" may be limiting the scope of discussion at the Cafe in a way we do not wish to see it be limited. The Cafe is now called "Skirt Cafe" because that was the most popular name in a poll at Tom's Cafe. That can be changed, if people like; this can be an on-going discussion.
crfriend
Master Barista

On names....

Post by crfriend »

Bob wrote:In particular, any aspect of fashion freedom is within the realm of discussion at the Cafe, just as it always was. The Cafe is a place of Bravehearts and Freestylers, just as it always was.
Great! For a while there I was a little worried that a scalpel would be taken to the Cafe in the name of "focussing" it. I'm pleased that the "old rule" of self-selection will be preserved.
Bob wrote:The Cafe is now called "Skirt Cafe" because that was the most popular name in a poll at Tom's Cafe.
Well, it had to be called something :D, and since a good many of us wear skirted garments "Skirt Cafe" made some sense. On another note, I'm pleased to see that we're in the .ORG TLD (Top Level Domain, for those who aren't familiar with sysadmin TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms) :) ) again instead of .COM. It just "feels" better.

And to Bob -- Thanks for shouldering this burden; I, for one, really appreciate it, and I believe the other patrons will echo that sentiment. {raises glass}
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

The name Skirt Cafe sounds suitable and durable. 'Cafe' bridges the two sites and makes it feel homey already and the 'Skirt' part is the common ground that everybody agrees on. I think it is quite fitting. However, I'll think of the place as Bob's 'Skirt Cafe'.

Thank you for taking all of this on Bob. To participants like me the change is hard to notice and I think that will be a strength of this place. It is just more of the same of what already was working.

Quiet Mouse
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Coffee cups

Post by Since1982 »

I couldn't find any coffee cups but here's a half dozen beers to Bob! {_}D, {_}D, {_}D, {_}D, {_}D and {_}D... :):):)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/