Skirt No Pocket, Shirts With Pocket/s

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Skaterswaltz

Skirt No Pocket, Shirts With Pocket/s

Post by Skaterswaltz »

Hello,
Realising that all I need when I leave the house is my driving licence (also doubles as ID) and credit card, maybe some money in notes, these all fit easily into a shirt pocket. Carrying car keys is no problem. The shirts are men's. All else I wear is men's, except a couple of pairs of comfy women's shoes. I often put on a tie. Strange how, wearing skirts more than pants and shorts, being more formally dressed (than I have been in sweatshirt, T shirt and shorts) I'm way more comfortable.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirt No Pocket, Shirts With Pocket/s

Post by new2skirts »

Skaterswaltz wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:12 pm Hello,
Realising that all I need when I leave the house is my driving licence (also doubles as ID) and credit card, maybe some money in notes, these all fit easily into a shirt pocket. Carrying car keys is no problem. The shirts are men's. All else I wear is men's, except a couple of pairs of comfy women's shoes. I often put on a tie. Strange how, wearing skirts more than pants and shorts, being more formally dressed (than I have been in sweatshirt, T shirt and shorts) I'm way more comfortable.
I wear men's shirts and jackets too. So much easier than carrying a handbag, though I don't mind if feeling dressy (or in a dress) :oops: :lol:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

I too found that when wearing skirts at work, I tended to be a bit more formal than I would have been otherwise. No tie, but much more likely to wear button up shirts, and less likely to wear sneakers. The issue of no pockets didn't cause me many problems, as we had a uniform vest. I have been looking for a smart looking pocketed vest for non work situations, if the skirt didn't have pockets, which is about half of them.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Here's a smart-looking way to gain pockets: