One More Time...

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Re: One More Time...

Post by shadowfax »

denimini wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:20 am Quick links drop down still works for me on the latest firefox browser.
active topics.JPG

Thanks Carl, I thought we might have got moose turd pie instead ........ after some comments earlier.
The "Quick links" drop down menu still works for me too, in Firefox, Anthony but the "Active Topics" button on each page has gone.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

shadowfax wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:00 amThanks Spirou003. :) I'm sort of glad that I'm not the only one with a missing Active Topics quicklink button.
I don't even remember that button. I'll need to rewind time in the lab and see if it shows up then....
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

I too get that same page that deninmini has posted - BUT - when logging in I lose it and go to that cascading data crap as mentioned in my email.
Something rotten in this Shakesphere computer Denmark !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

The missing style-sheet was a brain-fart on the part of your Barista. I'd managed to set the permissions on the server to deny sending the CSS from the "subsilver" theme. It should be fixed now.
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

crfriend wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:22 pm The missing style-sheet was a brain-fart on the part of your Barista. I'd managed to set the permissions on the server to deny sending the CSS from the "subsilver" theme. It should be fixed now.
Thanks Carl. The "Active topics" link/button is back in Firefox on my computer. :thewave:
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

shadowfax wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:37 pmThanks Carl. The "Active topics" link/button is back in Firefox on my computer.
That gaffe affected everybody who uses the Subsilver-derived style -- including me. However, my cache held up and I didn't know about the error until a number of people pointed it up, I force-reloaded my cache, noted the problem, and ultimately fixed it.

The reason is that I run the forum backend at very tight permissions levels since we got cracked in the mid naughties and I don't want that happening again so I'm very, very careful about where I let the web-server look and especially scribble.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

Fixed now, thanks :)