A New Moderator

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.
crfriend
Master Barista

A New Moderator

Post by crfriend »

As many may be aware, Milfmog has made the decision to move on in life now being completely and absolutely confident in his skirt-wearing and his interactions with the wide world of meatspace. This is, after all, what the forum is about -- generating the confidence for men to sally forth in skirts, in public, and on their own terms. I wish him the best in future endeavours and occasionally stay in touch. He does look in from time to time, which is always welcome, but I for one shall miss his calm and reasoned voice.

The really unfortunate part of that for the Skirt Cafe staff is that we're down to two moderators, both from the same general cultural background, and that created a problem that needed addressing.

It has been addressed. I cogitated over this for several weeks and sent an inquiry to another member in high standing a few days ago, and he graciously accepted the offer earlier this morning.

The envelope, please!

Please welcome denimini as the latest moderator at Skirt Cafe! He will lend a slightly different flavour to the team being from not just Down Under, but Outback Down Under. There will be a transition period, of course, as he learns the ins and outs of the position, but initial communications indicate that we are largely "on the same page" philosophically, but with differing approaches due to cultural difference, and I view this as a good thing.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A New Moderator

Post by r.m.anderson »

Congrats denimini - who knows when we will need moderation down-under - but you never know !
Like the Disney Fantasia beware messing with the mops and brooms trying to clean up a mess.
Ya you know a sorcerers apprentice at the helm - don't wear a BIG skirt over it mini is your mark !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Congratulations, Denimini.

I'm confident your flow of wisdom will help to refill all those empty lakes down your way :wink:

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
John S

Post by John S »

Yes, congratulations and thank you denimmini for stepping up as the new mod. I very much enjoyed reading your thread about your adventures in the Aussie Outback wearing mini skirts. Your explanation about how you got started wearing mini skirts made me LOL. Hope you get get settled in as a new mod "in a mini". :wink:
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Congratulations, Denimini.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Congrat Denimini, we Australians need to set the world straight, some one has to do it.

John
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Rokje »

Congrats Denimini
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Congratulations Denimini.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Congrats. on your new involvement A voice in the wilderness from out of the wilderness. Australia is on the top of my bucket list
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Thanks All. I haven't started my apprenticeship yet but I am heartened by the fact that they are congratulations and not commiserations.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

denimini wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:16 pm Thanks All. I haven't started my apprenticeship yet but I am heartened by the fact that they are congratulations and not commiserations.
I hadn't commented, in part due to not knowing which to offer. I guess I'll stick with "good luck!"
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

And congratulations from me. A more international moderation team has to be welcomed. I wish you every success.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Jingoes! Well, isn't this the ant's pants from the back of beyond -- or should we modify that, ant's mini! Though the news today suggests you may have to rug up! Like you, I'll be stuffed if you can convert many of those stubbies about for minis, but in any case, this is a rip snorter for us and I hope it doesn't drive you to need too much help from Red Ned as we certainly don't want you to be legless in those minis!
Congratulations or condolences as may fit.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

The actual workload on any given moderator is pretty small. The lion's share of the issue is mainly dealing with "spam", much of which is dealt with via automated means which stops it close to cold. This is why the S/N ratio is as high as it is.

The distributed nature of the team, and its number, have to do with me very much wanting the community to have an international flavour to it, and to sort out issues that need personal attention; and that's where I think the team really shines. As I've mentioned, we are all human, and each of us have internal biases that can be difficult to suppress, and that is where having an international triumvirate is very useful indeed, Al and I are US-based, although there are occasional questions about that; having someone from abroad helps temper things such that they aren't too US-focused. We operate on a consensus basis, and I am more than happy to be shouted down by my team-mates; it helps keep me on the straight-and-level. We also are an odd number, so there's no deadlock if anything comes to a "vote". All of us hold roughly equal power; although I am the lead administrator, I do not wield that inordinately, and, as mentioned, am happy to be shouted down when required.

I believe that Denimini will grow to be a highly valued member of the team, and someone whom I look forward to working with. He already has access to the full Moderator's tool-kit and we shall see what happens. I do not believe I'll be disappointed.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I think that Anthony (denimini) is an excellent choice!

Congratulations!

I'm also glad to have three active mods again.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.