Multi-deletion of Private Messages possible again

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.
crfriend
Master Barista

Multi-deletion of Private Messages possible again

Post by crfriend »

There was a bug introduced into the phpBB 3.2 tree moderately late in its existence that caused "invalid form" messages to be thrown when trying to manipulate multiple private messages at one go. This also propagated into phpBB 3.3 which is the upgrade path, and I'd hoped that 3.3 would have solved the problem as it was getting rather acute.

The good news is that I located a fix for the problem on the phpBB website and manually applied the changes, first here in my lab to make sure they worked, and then to the forum here. One of the phpBB developers tried to push the envelope of optimisation and it bit everybody in the backside.

I still want to upgrade the forum to the 3.3 lineage as the 3.2 one has been officially killed off, but the real heat is off so I'm probably going to coast for a bit.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Milfmog

Re: Multi-deletion of Private Messages possible again

Post by Milfmog »

Thanks for the update Carl (and for the fix).

When everything works smoothly here it is easy to lose sight of how much work is going on behind the scenes. I am sure we all appreciate it though.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Multi-deletion of Private Messages possible again

Post by Shilo »

A bit like a swan. Smooth and graceful on the surface. Paddling furiously below
:roll: