Styles

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Styles

Post by pelmut »

In Firefox 48.0.2 it doesn't look very different from before.  The slight changes have now made it almost identical to another forum where I post.

Many Thanks, Carl, for looking after us on the technical front.  It seems a pity that we only notice your efforts when things go wrong, but that's true of all well-run enterprises.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

In my version of Firefox 70.0 the avatar is at the top left and is only about 1/2 inch square.
in the old version of the forum but same version of Firefox it was on the right side along with info of the poster and was about 1 1/2 inches by 1 inch.

It was a lot easier to see it.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:45 am In my version of Firefox 70.0 the avatar is at the top left and is only about 1/2 inch square.
As has been said, "No good deed goes unpunished." "1/2 inch square" means precisely nothing in the on-line world because something 1/2 inch square would tend to overwhelm a "smart' phone" and look like nothing at all on a 27" monitor...
pelmut wrote: It seems a pity that we only notice your efforts when things go wrong, but that's true of all well-run enterprises.
Yes, it seems that the truly devoted practitioners have dug themselves an early grave. Since we strove for "Utility-Grade Computing" -- and got there -- we've become entirely invisible, and, hence, forgotten. I suppose we have only ourselves to blame, but what's to be the blame for a job well done?

Not happy. :cry:
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

crfriend wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:11 am..... Yes, it seems that the truly devoted practitioners have dug themselves an early grave. Since we strove for "Utility-Grade Computing" -- and got there -- we've become entirely invisible, and, hence, forgotten. I suppose we have only ourselves to blame, but what's to be the blame for a job well done?

Not happy. :cry:
It is not at the same level but it reminded me of a poem in Dutch, translated from a 17th century poem. It was used in the Netherlands by the military after the WW2 when life for the population were improving.

God and soldier we adore,
in times of danger, not before,
the danger passed and all things righted,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted.

Above is a more modern version.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

It works better on my Android phone now. I mostly use my desktop (Firefox 70.0.1) which is back to much the same thanks. I think that I was thrown more by your new avatar :)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia