Flagging the ORIGINAL POSTER of a topic with an "OP"

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Flagging the ORIGINAL POSTER of a topic with an "OP"

Post by r.m.anderson »

Would it be possible for this forum to note below the original posters handle/name
as the "OP" who started a topic ?
I have noticed this on other forums I visit and think it might have some substance
here when scanning the topic to see if the OP has come back to reply or add more
content to his original post when 2 to 3 pages or more deep into the post !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Flagging the ORIGINAL POSTER of a topic with an "OP"

Post by crfriend »

r.m.anderson wrote:Would it be possible for this forum to note below the original posters handle/name
as the "OP" who started a topic ?
That would be possible to do, but would largely be redundant as one can always flip back to the top of the thread to see who started/instigated it.

The problem with custom code applied to externally-produced software is that any "local" changes need to be re-applied each and every time the upstream master version get changed, and that grows increasingly difficult over time.

Selecting the first post, however, obviates all that programmatic mess and tells one the OP in an instant.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Couya
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Flagging the ORIGINAL POSTER of a topic with an "OP"

Post by Couya »

I always go first to "View new posts", which gives a list of active topics, naming both the instigator and the most recent contributor.
The trouble is you have to be a very deft mouse/pad handler to click accurately on the tiny rectangle designed to take you to the most recent post.

Martin