Why is it that people disable PMs when they send a PM?

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Why is it that people disable PMs when they send a PM?

Post by skirtingtoday »

I have just received a PM from a member here and when I tried to send him a reply, it was confirmed that the recipient has disabled such replies.

Do'H!!!

Why do people do that and should I block them for sending me PM's in the first place? I really do welcome PM chat but its hardly beneficial it the chat is one way surely?

(The PM sender BTW was Gregg1100 (It was sent on April 1st - not a very good joke in my opinion)
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Why is it that people disable PMs when they send a PM?

Post by denimini »

I suppose it depends if the PM was statement or a question. :)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

They may not realize that the receive PM is turned off.

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

skirtingtoday wrote:I have just received a PM from a member here and when I tried to send him a reply, it was confirmed that the recipient has disabled such replies.

Do'H!!!

Why do people do that and should I block them for sending me PM's in the first place? I really do welcome PM chat but its hardly beneficial it the chat is one way surely?

(The PM sender BTW was Gregg1100 (It was sent on April 1st - not a very good joke in my opinion)
Ross,

You could send him an email through this site and see if he responds to that. Given that he PM'd you, I suspect it is simply an oversight on his part.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Milfmog wrote:... You could send him an email through this site and see if he responds to that. Given that he PM'd you, I suspect it is simply an oversight on his part.
Can't do that as there is no e-mail address listed on his profile either!

(Hope he doesn't think it rude of me not replying to him - it's just not possible, unfortunately)
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels