Are All Posts Reviewed Prior to Publish?

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.
StraightSkirt

Are All Posts Reviewed Prior to Publish?

Post by StraightSkirt »

Is it just for the newbies or does everyone's post get reviewed? For example I wrote a post, waited for approval, then edited it to remove a link and it was resubmitted for approval. Then I went to the same post and replied and now again I have to wait for the approval. It seems like a reasonable thing to do for the first ten or fifteen posts but will all my posts need approval forever?

Thanks & I'm not complaining just wondering....
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Are All Posts Reviewed Prior to Publish?

Post by crfriend »

StraightSkirt wrote:Is it just for the newbies or does everyone's post get reviewed?
It's just "newbies"; once one gets over a certain post threshold the restriction is removed and one becomes a full-fledged member. This is merely to cut down on noise and commercial adverts that unscrupulous folks try to jam in that are not related to the mission of the forum -- it is in no way personal.
For example I wrote a post, waited for approval, then edited it to remove a link and it was resubmitted for approval.
So that explains why I had to approve what I thought was the same post twice and almost wound up questioning the sanity of the forum software and my own as well! Thanks for mentioning that behaviour; I need to bear it in mind going forward.
It seems like a reasonable thing to do for the first ten or fifteen posts but will all my posts need approval forever?
It is not forever. You have my word on that.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I would just add to Carl's reply above that although posters come off the moderation list once they have established their credentials here, any individual could be put back to moderated status should that be deemed necessary.

We have very few rules here (check the masthead and its' embedded link if you are unsure what they are) but those that do exist are there for a reason. If in doubt, I would recommend that posters err on the side of courtesy and tolerance as the generally good nature of conversation at the Cafe is highly valued.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Mac

Post by Mac »

Thanks all,

kinda answered my question.

Regards,

Mac