SkirtCafe wiki's

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.
AMM
Member Extraordinaire

SkirtCafe wiki's

Post by AMM »

I am aware of two SkirtCafe wiki pages: my men-in-skirts FAQ, and Bob's Crossdressing page.

However, I don't see links for them in any sort of obvious place. It seems like a case of "hiding your light under a bushel."

Is there any reason why there isn't a link on the home page to a SkirtCafe Wiki home page?

If it is made publicly readable, I suppose it would make sense to only allow logged-in members to edit the pages. Or, if that's not possible, make the pages only readable by members.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: SkirtCafe wiki's

Post by crfriend »

AMM wrote:I am aware of two SkirtCafe wiki pages: my men-in-skirts FAQ, and Bob's Crossdressing page
I looked into those (again) this morning and, much to my disgust, found that the FAQ had been URL-spammed by somebody offering to write thesis papers. (The spam has since been backed out and the "editor" banned.) This points up a perennial problem with anything that is world-writeable, and compounding the problem is that the authentication mechanisms between phpBB and Wiki are not compatible. (The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.)

When Bob gets back from holiday, I'll pin him on whether we should prominently publicise the Wiki pages or not. For sensitive stuff (e.g. the FAQ) we may well opt to "protect" the pages so only admins and their designees have editing authority. I rather like AMM's work on the "Frequently Answered Questions" page, but feel that it should not be open to random "editing" as has been the case.
AMM wrote:Is there any reason why there isn't a link on the home page to a SkirtCafe Wiki home page?
I plead over-work and lack of time. Yeah, that's the ticket! ;)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!