url links

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.
SkirtDude

url links

Post by SkirtDude »

deleted
Last edited by SkirtDude on Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Milfmog

Re: url links

Post by Milfmog »

SkirtDude wrote:I have trouble getting URL links with custom text to work here.

For instance the docs and experience with other forums I have been on would have me believe this should work here is a silly youtube of dancing hamsters

Am I doing something wrong or is it a site configuration issue?
All you have done wrong is insert an unneeded pair of quote marks around the url. If you remove the marks in red in this example all will be well.

"[/color]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1_kgNp9oQg"]here is a silly youtube of dancing hamsters

Here is what it should look like:

here is a silly youtube of dancing hamsters

Hope that helps,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: url links

Post by crfriend »

Milfmog wrote:All you have done wrong is insert an unneeded pair of quote marks around the url. If you remove the marks in red in this example all will be well.
This is one of the things that I find annoying about phpBB (the software that drives SkirtCafe) -- it's inconsistent about the use of quotes. Sometimes they're mandatory (e.g. in the "quote" tag) and sometimes they're "mandatory-missing" (e.g. the "url" tag).

I'll dig around in the documemtation to see if I can come up with some idea of what the authors and programmers were thinking at the time. In the meantime, some on-line help can be gleaned by selecting the "BBCode" link in the "Options" block when composing a message.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
SkirtDude

Post by SkirtDude »

deleted