Project Runway

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Project Runway

Post by sapphire »

Carl and I recently watched the latest episode of Project Runway. The challenge was to design and construct an outfit for Tiki Barbar to wear in his new role as a sports commentator.

In most of the other challenges, the constestants designed clothing for women. In season 3, constestants made clothing for themselves, so the men made menswear. Two of them made outfits that really expresssed their own personalities and did well at it. Alsas, not skirts for men.

In this recent episode, the results were ntohing short of unquantifiable disaster. The designers simply were oblivious to construction techniques for menswear. AWW C'mon - a man's dress shirt isn't all that hard, but these bimbos and bambos couldn't wrap their heads around even that.

As for construction..... I've seen better from 8th graders who have never seen a sewing machine before.

For a true Rocky Horror Fashion Show catch this one when it comes around
Sasquatch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sasquatch »

I think I saw that episode over the weekend. I hadn't heard of it until one of your posts. We don't have cable or sat tv because we have teenage kids who watch too much junk on the boob tube already, but I happened to see it on sat tv at my sister's house.

I agree with you, I guess, but I really have no idea how to sew anything so the fact that they could create what they did in two days impressed me. I was just disappointed that no one tried to put the dude in a skirt!

Sasq
Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!

Hunter/Garcia