What are you wearing for Halloween?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: What I wore for Hallowen (at work)...

Post by crfriend »

OMG. that's a big step, but one which all skirt wearers owe themselves, if they can bring up the courage.
It wasn't all that much of a deal, really. It's no big secret that I wear skirts on my off-hours; it's just that most of the people don't care, and because they never see me dressed so, it doesn't enter their minds.

I'm back at work again, but this time in trousers, which I'll do for the next year; that's no big deal, either. I am curious, however, if there's going to be any lingering fallout from my excursion into folly yesterday. I'll not know that for the next several weeks. And, ultimately, if they can't deal with it, that's their problem and I'll move on to a better place of employment (hopefully closer to home).
It is a shame that it is so difficult to judge how reactions will be, before undertaking such a step. This may keep men from taking the chance it goes well, being affraid it may not go down well with some collegues.
Sometimes one just has to say, "What the f***!" and get on with things.

I want to be respected for my work, not how ornamental I am, and I think that may be close to universal and explain why women tend to despise dress codes. I actually got some decent ground-breaking work done yesterday, and that is what got more attention than my wearing a skirt -- and that's the way it ought to be!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

Emerald Witch wrote:
ziggy_encaoua wrote:
Milfmog wrote: [grump mode]I won't be bothering to fake a smile. I hate Halloween and the organised begging with menaces, sorry, trick or treating, that goes with it.
trick or treating is demanding money with menance so is Carol singing

**** it will be Xmas soon...makes me want to slash my wrists
Good grief, guys! You sound like Scrooge
I was taken into care at Xmas whilst my family buggered off back to South Africa for a holiday

I last received a Xmss present in 1996 & it was a bag of weed

last time I received a Xmas present from my family was in my teens

last time I spent Xmas with anybody was in 1991

is meant to be the season of good will yet I always get left out

Xmas is bulls**t!

Xmas sucks!
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

These are horrible experiences. I certainly understand your feelings.

At one time, I was in a similar situation. I made my own holiday, with special foods, music and just surrounding myself with things that I loved and that made me comfortable.

Don't know if that works for you, but it worked for me. At least there wasn't anyone to ruin it for me.
JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire

Holidays

Post by JRMILLER »

Guys,
I love Halloween. We always buy a big bag of chocolate to pass out. Most of the kids that visit are just teeny little things who for the most part don't have a clue what the holiday as about. I love seeing them in their costumes, seeing how they maneuver themselves up the porch steps, then how they "ask" for their treat. I am easy, I am a pushover and as the night wears on I dig deep and give them an hour's worth of candy in one visit.

Christmas is a little tougher, it involves a lot more $ and usually people end up giving and getting things they really don't want. If the commercial side of Christmas could be removed, the rest would be just fine, e.g., meals, drink, friends, Christmas lights and the like.
-John

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself (Rick Nelson "Garden Party")
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What I wore for Hallowen (at work)...

Post by Peter v »

crfriend wrote:
OMG. that's a big step, but one which all skirt wearers owe themselves, if they can bring up the courage.
It wasn't all that much of a deal, really. It's no big secret that I wear skirts on my off-hours; it's just that most of the people don't care, and because they never see me dressed so, it doesn't enter their minds.

I'm back at work again, but this time in trousers, which I'll do for the next year; that's no big deal, either. I am curious, however, if there's going to be any lingering fallout from my excursion into folly yesterday. I'll not know that for the next several weeks. And, ultimately, if they can't deal with it, that's their problem and I'll move on to a better place of employment (hopefully closer to home).
It is a shame that it is so difficult to judge how reactions will be, before undertaking such a step. This may keep men from taking the chance it goes well, being affraid it may not go down well with some collegues.
Sometimes one just has to say, "What the f***!" and get on with things.

I want to be respected for my work, not how ornamental I am, and I think that may be close to universal and explain why women tend to despise dress codes. I actually got some decent ground-breaking work done yesterday, and that is what got more attention than my wearing a skirt -- and that's the way it ought to be!
That's more like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a real man talking!
Skirt or no skirt.
I must say however, with job opourtunities not always waiting for us, men wearing skirts do wisely to be cautious, unfortunately. Although I myself believe what YOU say. So F**k them, what they think, as long as I am neatly dressed, in a skirt I should be respected just the same.

Peter v.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

I, of course, agree.

The way in which Carl puts clothing together is a bit more formal than some of the looks that I have seen here. Carl has a natural formality about him and his clothing choices tend to reflect that. His choices of attire are certainly business appropriate, attractive and masculine.

I don't see why anone could bject to his choices, other than it is a departure from the generally accepted norm.
SkirtDude

Post by SkirtDude »

deleted