Shoes, Shoes shoes

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
SkirtDude

Shoes, Shoes shoes

Post by SkirtDude »

deleted
Last edited by SkirtDude on Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrotherTailor

Post by BrotherTailor »

I like a thick stiff sole myself. An inch or so of heel is about right with a decent arch. I have to have wide shoes, and usually a good rugged leather walking shoe does me for casual wear. I got the pair I have now at Walmart for twenty bucks 4 years ago...and they look like new. I wear wellies and leather steel toe boots for work...saving my good shoes for trips to town. I haven't bought shoes for a year or two since I finally wore out my old leather dress shoes that I got for a high school event 15 years ago. I got a great pair of square toe black leather shoes at Walmart for under twenty dollars, really comfy, good support, look good.

I really only own two pairs of shoes. add one pair of beatup walking shoes that I wear inside my rubber overboots, and a pair of green wellies and a pair of work boots. That's it...5 choices, two for good, three for work. :roll:
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Shoes, Shoes shoes

Post by crfriend »

I have had foot problems, specifically with my sesamoids. In order to prevent a repeat of the problem I need shoes with soles that especially stiff. I also must have good padding / shock absorption.
There are a few blokes at work that have mild-heel clogs that might work for you. The sole on those shoes looks to be about a half- to 3/4 of an inch, so might be stiff enough for your requirements. I'm not sure what the sole is made out of, though. (For me, non-skid is an absolute must.)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sasquatch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sasquatch »

You might look at Dansko professional clogs (closed back) or if you need steel toe, Bastaad work clogs (heel strap). Non-skid and keep your feet just above rain puddles.

Sasq
Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!

Hunter/Garcia
bmaxim

Post by bmaxim »

Simson makes very nice slip on shoe with a wooden clog type sole (I bought a pair at the Windmill Village in Holland MI - not a girlie shoe at all but still very attractive)