Just counting the Ladies here

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
crfriend
Master Barista

Diplomacy? Huh?

Post by crfriend »

Bob wrote:Please remember that we ARE a bunch of guys, and we may not always be so diplomatic with everything. If people don't like an idea, they will say so. But there IS a requirement here that we are respectful to each other, and for the most part that works.
Well, I'd like to think that we try to keep it on a more or less even keel; however, there are times when I quite deliberately resist the urge to speak my peace about something, mainly because I'd likely violate the "respect" caveat.
Bob wrote:So please don't confuse mixed reactions to your IDEAS with mixed reactions to YOU.
Ideas are what should be debated and argued -- not individuals. Lively debate can be very stimulating, and so long as it doesn't degenerate into ad-hominem behaviour then it's healthy.
Bob wrote:I am very much looking forward to you bringing your lady friends here, I think it will open up a great new dimension.
How 'bout my wife's registration? ;)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Re: Diplomacy? Huh?

Post by Bob »

crfriend wrote:How 'bout my wife's registration? ;)
Looking forward to meeting her!
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Diplomacy? Huh?

Post by crfriend »

Bob wrote:
crfriend wrote:How 'bout my wife's registration? ;)
Looking forward to meeting her!
Sorry for the interrupt, lads, but it seems that there's an e-mail problem.

Bob -- Please contact me off-board; my e-mail addy is in the database.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!