Now You Know Where To Get Dreads

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Now You Know Where To Get Dreads

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

Okay nothing to do with skirts & kaftans but it is part of the sphere of MFF & that’s hair salons that do dreads & extensions, which even with the advent of the Internet is still a pain in the butt to find however I’ve managed to collate enough of a list to post on Defiant Angel….

http://www.defiant-angel.com/hair_index.htm

So now if you want dreads you can find a place that does them.
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

Just hair will do nicely, Ziggy! :cry: There's too many birds round here looking for nesting materials to risk dreadlocks! :lol:
ChristopherJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChristopherJ »

I quite fancy pigtails actually. I know it sounds rather perverted, but I like the juxtaposition of traditional male fashions used with traditional female fashions. A guy having his hair in pigtails would be a great way of doing this.

Sadly, most of my hair seems to have migrated from the top of my head to take up residence in my ears and nose - so I can't manage decent pigtails.

Shame. :cry:
It's never too late to have a happy childhood . . .
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

ChristopherJ wrote:Sadly, most of my hair seems to have migrated from the top of my head to take up residence in my ears and nose - so I can't manage decent pigtails.
Even one from each nostril? (Now where in blazes is that "emoticon" for "Duck and Cover!"?)

Take a gander over at the "Men's Long Hair Hyperboard" (http://www.mlhh.org if I recall correctly); they had a thread on pigtails a few days back.

:D
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Departed Member

ChristopherJ wrote: Sadly, most of my hair seems to have migrated from the top of my head to take up residence in my ears and nose - so I can't manage decent pigtails. Shame. :cry:
Why not? Blackbeard the Pirate had something similar, did he not? :? And....., you do come from Bristol....................! :)
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

There's a famous picture of Frank Zappa with pigtails
Departed Member

ziggy_encaoua wrote:There's a famous picture of Frank Zappa with pigtails

And I though I lived in the past! :( Surely, interesting chappie that he was, he's been dead 10, maybe 12 years(?) now? The fashion didn't 'catch on' then, so in today's quasi-1984 world, it's a non-starter, surely? Didn't he have some mates called, "The Mothers of Invention"? Are they all dead, too? Those really were the days of 'fashion freedom', mind - and when women weren't ashamed of being women, as I recall! Happy Days! (Or was that something else on the Television...........?) :wink:
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

he died end of 1993 & so that's 14 years now
Departed Member

ziggy_encaoua wrote:he died end of 1993 & so that's 14 years now
Thanks for that, Ziggy. I didn't realise it was that long ago! :(