Tattooing & Piercing is Fashion Freedom

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

merlin wrote: Perhaps you've been lucky and haven't seen friends/colleagues (including the ones mentioned above) suffer from injuries/infections caused by piercing or tattooing. If you prefer not to refer to them as a "disfigurement", then I would respectfully ask what alternative description you would find acceptable. Thousands of folk every year suffer blood poisoning, septicaemia or worse from tattoos that 'go wrong', never mind piercings, and this is despite stringent hygiene regulations now in force. (One of our 'drinking chums' works in a tattoo parlour!) How many here have seen the after effects of having an infected tattoo 'removed'? :evil:
Hey lets ban alcohol thousands die directly & indirectly from the consequences of drink
Hey lets ban cars because hey you can't trust any driver causing injury or death
Hey lets wrap everybody in bubblewrap....actually lets not because yeah **** happens!

I don't doubt some forms of body modification can cause injury however for the hundreds who have suffered injury there are thousands who don't. Just the same arguement with drink, drugs & guns.
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

What's with all the banning, Ziggy? :?

I'm certainly not advocating banning the practices you are promoting (I do wish you would read what I and others write, not what you assume!), just that they're not, [quote] "in the context of fashion freedom for men" - don't forget, folk have had the freedom to indulge, if they so wish, for donkey's years!
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

I think this thread has run its course for now. If someone wants to discuss body piercing some day (NOT today) in the future, they can open a new thread.