Introduction Thread

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Sasquatch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sasquatch »

Welcome, Emerald Witch! Welcome to the "male fringe"! Mostly we're everyday normal family men - we just happen to share a uncommon proclivity. I'm a government employee, and do a little "truck farming" on the side. I have a wife and kids who aren't wild about my occasional clothing choices but who indulge me (out of love, I guess). It will be great to have a woman's point of view on some of our rants. Post often!
Sasq
Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!

Hunter/Garcia
ChrisM
Member Extraordinaire

Welcome

Post by ChrisM »

Welcome Emerald. When in Washington are you? I have just bought a home in Bellingham....

Chris
Emerald Witch
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Welcome, Emerald Witch

Post by Emerald Witch »

Thanks, you guys are sweet!

I'm still getting the hang of how to work your system with it's quotes and stuff. Amongst my many talents are NOT a purseful of computer literacy skills, so I'll probably dance as gracefully as a hippo in a tutu here...

I would love to get a skirt-sewing thread going. I always love swapping ideas. I don't claim to be extremely talented, but I do have enough skill to whip out a simple skirt worth wearing. Truth is, I'm lazy. I like to make something easy that doesn't require a pattern. I also like using recycled fabrics as much as possible. You know, old blue jeans, perhaps even a bit of a shirt or bedsheet, etc. Not for everything, but sometimes it's okay, like for a peasant-skirt look.

Growing up, I learned sewing from books, and cooking from both my parents (and TV shows). I guess we weren't too gender-biased that way.

I wish I could reply to everyone's post in just one post of my own, but I haven't got the reply/quote thing figured out yet... Anyone got a gift for explaining to the technologically impaired?
Emerald Witch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Emerald Witch »

merlin wrote:I was rather hoping, from the title, it might be a literal one! ... There are a few subjects that are 'taboo', but there's still plenty of room for 'active' debate, I can assure you! :)
...trying again at the "quote thing"...

I chose my name because I live near the Emerald City (Seattle, Washington) and I have studied witchcraft. I respect the religion and take many of its principals to heart, though I do not adhere to celebrating it's rituals and seasons strictly. Being a Unitarian, my first religious principal is actually one of a deep respect for the God within us all, and the ability for God to be revealed in ANY religion, if we are open to finding God. I believe God is within us.

That's my rant, and I won't hammer it at anyone. It seemed he asked, that's the only reason I answered. If anyone wants to discuss further, I'll let you bring it up in an appropriate way.

Blessings on you all!
Emerald Witch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Emerald Witch »

Sasquatch wrote:Welcome, Emerald Witch! Welcome to the "male fringe"! Mostly we're everyday normal family men - we just happen to share a uncommon proclivity. I'm a government employee, and do a little "truck farming" on the side. I have a wife and kids who aren't wild about my occasional clothing choices but who indulge me (out of love, I guess). It will be great to have a woman's point of view on some of our rants. Post often!
Sasq
Thanks much for the welcome, Sasquatch! I fully expected that you were all normal family men. You all seem perfectly normal to me. And, as with any normal group, of course you're going to have your fringe of wierdos too... (said with a smile, please don't hurt me!)

(shy grin) I do have a whacko sense of humor. Sometimes I joke a bit, and forget that it's really hard to translate my wry expression and all across a typed page. Please be assured that I pretty much always mean well. I only like teasing a bit. If I ever say anything offensive, let me know and I will feel terrible and apologize profusely.

Feel free to tease me. Then I'll know you're comfortable with me, and I'll smack you right back. If it gets out of hand, I'll tell you I'm not joking.

But honestly, I don't even understand the problem why people are prejudiced against skirts. Especially your own families/girlfriends/etc. This really wierds me out. These are people who know you and love you, respect you, have seen you work for a living, hold them when they've been hurt, protect them from danger... and a little thing like a piece of fabric is going to twist their brain? That just boggles my mind.

It's not like you're trying to tell THEM what to do...

I would really like to start a discussion thread about this and get deeply into it sometime.

Me, I just think it looks sexy. I could go into how sexy I think it looks, but I'd probably get moderated...

And I know I'm not alone. LOTS of women think it's sexy. If you doubt me at all, look up the website for Eddie Izzard. (eddieizzard.com) He's a full-fledged transvestite (as well as being a comic and movie star), not just an occasional skirt or kilt wearer. And because women know he's straight, women go absolutely NUTS for him!

But there isn't an official name for us (women who appreciate men in skirts). Care to help me think of a name?

I'd love it to be something that sounded really fun and supportive, so that when men who were perhaps really shy about wearing a skirt heard it they would feel okay about trying it, knowing an actual group did exist that would find them sexy as hell.

Any ideas?
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

Emerald Witch,

Thanks for the intro. I'm going to soon re-arrange the forum to make it more "user-friendly" and to explain more up-front. But for now.... mutual respect is an important part of this forum. We welcome members of all religious persuasions, but have found in the past that talking about it too much can lead to serious flame wars. So discussion religion is officially taboo, it keeps the peace ;-). So don't be offended if people don't pick up much on the religious issues you brought up.

That said, thank you for sharing about your background. There are many here who share similar religious convictions.

I grew up in Bellevue, but moved to the East Coast 25 years ago.

Women who like men in skirts. Hmm... Skirt chaseuses?
WSmac
Member Extraordinaire
Location: Northern California(North of the Bay Area, that is)

Post by WSmac »

How nice for you to join us EW!

I'm looking forward to your participation.
How did you find us?

There are a few members here who I know sew... hmm... skip, CRfriend(?), me... I'm sure there are others.

I've been gone from here a while but I'm so glad to see this place is alive and well, with all the new members.

I'll start a sewing thread in the general section.
Let's see what you can teach us :D
WSmac
Emerald Witch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Emerald Witch »

WSmac wrote:How nice for you to join us EW!

I'm looking forward to your participation.
How did you find us?

There are a few members here who I know sew... hmm... skip, CRfriend(?), me... I'm sure there are others.

I've been gone from here a while but I'm so glad to see this place is alive and well, with all the new members.

I'll start a sewing thread in the general section.
Let's see what you can teach us :D
Okay, first off... Thanks much for the welcome you sweet man, but please don't call me EW! Sounds like you're making a face at me. :P I would much prefer to be called Emerald or Miss Witch.

I found you because a friend on Eddie Izzard's website recommended you, and I'm very glad. You are all charming. I feel surrounded by the most elegant and delightful group of gentlemen I've met in a long time.

I look forward to the sewing post you'll begin. I'll join in as soon as I catch your drift.

TTYS. Ciao.
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Emerald Witch wrote:But there isn't an official name for us (women who appreciate men in skirts).
Happy. :D You have fallen in with the right lot, Emerald. You are quite correct in seeing this is a great bunch of guys. They are gentle, sweet, underappreciated men. I am glad to be no longer relatively alone in cheering them on.

Quiet Mouse
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

Skirt Chaser wrote:They are gentle, sweet, underappreciated men. I am glad to be no longer relatively alone in cheering them on.
Awwwww shucks :oops: <---- embarrassed smilie

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.