To Detractors Of My Prior Sites

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

To Detractors Of My Prior Sites

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

I’ve decided to publish a site which is exclusively about Men’s Fashion Freedom click here to see.
ChristopherJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChristopherJ »

1) You need to change the TITLE tag on the front page. At the moment it just says INDEX. But search engines use that tag in describing the page and in their search criteria. I suggest that you put a Title tag in there that contains words or phrases which people might use when searching for info - like "Male fashion freedom - men in skirts etc."

2) You refer to the current situation as "gender clothing apartheid". I agree with you about that - so I don't understand why you refer to mens' fashion freedom as a "crossdressing philosophy". If it is only oppression (or apartheid) that is preventing me from freely wearing a skirt, then why should I be called a "crossdresser"? I think you should change that description. I don't think of myself as a crossdresser - and I wear short skirts, designed for females.

But apart from my niggles, I like what I have seen of the site so far. You have some great links there. I hope it slowly grows.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood . . .
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

ChristopherJ wrote: I don't understand why you refer to mens' fashion freedom as a "crossdressing philosophy".
The reason I was going to refer to Men’s fashion Freedom as ‘crossdressing’ in the context of the dictionary definition

“To dress in clothing typically worn by members of the opposite sex’”

However you’re right to point out that’s not a correct description especially being as Men’s Fashion Freedom is about equality fashion wise so the point is why should a skirt or dress be exclusively identified with the female gender or in fact it shouldn’t be identified exclusively with the female gender.

Anyways I’ve change things as you’ll see.
ChristopherJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChristopherJ »

Great ziggy. After I signed off the internet last night I started to worry that I hadn't explained my thoughts very well and that you may have thought I was just taking a dig at what you had written - but I can see that you understood what I was getting at anyway.

I prefer the way that you have written it now - although I find your language is rather strong. It jars a bit. I suggest that rather than saying:

"Men's Fashion Freedom is a philosophy & practice combining a crusade to smashing the gender clothing apartheid & the championing of male fashion free expressionism."

How about toning it down slightly to say:

"Men's Fashion Freedom is a philosophy & practice combining a crusade to eliminate the gender clothing apartheid & the championing of free expression in male fashion."

That's just my opinion. It's your site.

I'm still exploring your links.
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

I agree with ChristopherJ, Ziggy! I fully endorse his suggestion, if I may be so bold. I really don't think the 'confrontational' approach is helpful to your particular cause, especially bearing in mind that what you are advocating is 'light years' beyond what the majority of folk on this forum appear to be seeking..... As ChristopherJ says, it's your website - your personal viewpoint. Comments (which presumably you are seeking?) from folk here are all intended to be helpful, to enhance your noble efforts, not to detract from them!
PatJ
Member Extraordinaire

To Detractors Of My Prior Site

Post by PatJ »

ziggy_encaoua wrote:The reason I was going to refer to Men’s fashion Freedom as ‘crossdressing’ in the context of the dictionary definition

“To dress in clothing typically worn by members of the opposite sex’”

as you’ll see.
Ziggy,

My observation is that women typically wear trousers. So based upon the definition I quoted from your post, am I crossdressing when I, a man, wear trousers (because they are typically worn by members of the opposite sex)?

The answer is, no.

I think that crossdressing is more about trying to pass as a member of the opposite sex through clothing, make up, wigs, etc. The number of reasons that a person would crossdress are far to many to list, and personal for each individual.

The definition of crossdresser must include more than simply what articles of clothing a person wears. It must somehow incorporate the intentions and desires of the person wearing the clothes.

Well, anyway that's my two cents (American) worth on the issue.

PatJ
ChristopherJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChristopherJ »

I agree. It is my understanding that the "recognised" definition of a crossdresser is someone who wears clothing etc. generally worn by the opposite sex *in order to look like* he (or she) was of that sex.
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

ChristopherJ wrote: How about toning it down slightly to say:

"Men's Fashion Freedom is a philosophy & practice combining a crusade to eliminate the gender clothing apartheid & the championing of free expression in male fashion."
I've rewritten as just as you’ve suggested unfortunately as somebody guessed right on these forums I do have a personality disorder so it does cause problems in the way I express things.

Anyways at the weekend I’ll start devising an FAQ explaining MFF in more depth & giving it more definition.
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

Ziggy, I must say that's now looking 'top drawer'! Well done!
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

merlin wrote:I agree with ChristopherJ, Ziggy! I fully endorse his suggestion, if I may be so bold. I really don't think the 'confrontational' approach is helpful to your particular cause, especially bearing in mind that what you are advocating is 'light years' beyond what the majority of folk on this forum appear to be seeking..... As ChristopherJ says, it's your website - your personal viewpoint. Comments (which presumably you are seeking?) from folk here are all intended to be helpful, to enhance your noble efforts, not to detract from them!
ENCAOUA.NET is my personal site (being as its in my own name). However many of you here & elsewhere had a problem with some of the more libertarian content so I decided to do a site solely dedicated to Men's Fashion Freedom

So I don't see Defiant Angelas a personal site its a site dedicated solely Men's Fashion Freedom this is why I'm being open to suggestions then I had been about ENCAOUA.NET. In fact over the next few months my friend Shovel will be turning the site interactive with message boards etc. I want Defiant Angel to become a central resource to aid & promote Men's Fashion Freedom
ChristopherJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChristopherJ »

I like the introduction to the site now Ziggy. It reads well.

I do find the site puts a lot of emphasis on gothic styles etc. - and so I guess this is your preference. That's OK - but do remember that there are loads of men out there who wear skirts who are not into gothic styles. I'm a child of the 60's - and so I'd like to see links to some hippy products. You know, like beads and bells to wear while skirting . . . :D
ChristopherJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChristopherJ »

I like the introduction to the site now Ziggy. It reads well.

I do find the site puts a lot of emphasis on gothic styles etc. - and so I guess this is your preference. That's OK - but do remember that there are loads of men out there who wear skirts who are not into gothic styles. I'm a child of the 60's - and so I'd like to see links to some hippy products. You know, like beads and bells to wear while skirting . . . :D
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Shopping resources are always good! :) Ziggy, that is really helpful the way you have listed by country so people can easily shop close to home. I'm a Mandrake Apothecary perfume oil fan so I'm glad to see them on your list but it looks like they are in the bath & body section instead of perfume. Maybe one body stuff list would do since lots of places offer bath and scents. Clothing grouped by style could help once your shopping lists grow from member suggestions on your forum.

The Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab and their Black Phoenix Trading Post are other places catering to the belief that everything is for everybody- "We're often asked which of our scents are best suited to men. Truth be told, the majority of our perfume blends are truly gender neutral; it is simply a matter of taste and personal preference."

Wearing a BPAL cologne scent today myself,

Quiet Mouse
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

ChristopherJ wrote:I like the introduction to the site now Ziggy. It reads well.

Personally I’ve always felt that MFF & Goth have a lot in common being as both are about pushing the male fashion envelope etc. In some ways this is why there does seem to be a strong emphasis on Goth. I wasn’t looking for essentially Goth styled clothing it just so happened that the merchants which kind of fitted in the whole MFF ethos were those who sold Goth clothing.

I’m always open to suggested links, so if anybody has any clothing merchants which they’d like to suggest then please click here.
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

There are now banner links available for Defiant Angel so if you’re a webmaster & want to help the cause of Men’s Fashion Freedom then please consider posting a banner link to Defiant Angel

http://www.defiant-angel.org.uk/info_banners.htm

I just want to say that Defiant Angel isn’t about me inflating my own ego it is solely about furthering the cause of Men’s fashion Freedom.