Earthquake?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Sasquatch
Member Extraordinaire

Earthquake?

Post by Sasquatch »

Just curious as to whether any of our group across the Atlantic felt the tremor that was reported in Southern England. I'm not a great student of geography, but was that in the Dover area?

Sasq
Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!

Hunter/Garcia
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Sasq,

The main tremors were reported at Folkestone, which I'm sure the locals will tell you is miles from Dover (but then I would not want to be accused of living in Dover either :naughty: ). From a Transatlantic perspective however it's just next door (Folkestone is about 8 miles west of Dover).

I live less than 100 miles from there and felt nothing.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Topsy

Post by Topsy »

I was less than 10 miles from the epicentre and there was certainly some movement at the appointed hour. Our power failed instantly.

The only injury was a young lady in Folkestone, 70 or so buildings are in the process of being condemmed.
Topsy

Mostly Harmless
Sasquatch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sasquatch »

Milfmog wrote:Sasq,

The main tremors were reported at Folkestone, which I'm sure the locals will tell you is miles from Dover (but then I would not want to be accused of living in Dover either :naughty: ). From a Transatlantic perspective however it's just next door (Folkestone is about 8 miles west of Dover).

I live less than 100 miles from there and felt nothing.

Have fun,

Ian.
Thanks for the replies. Eight miles is next to nothing for us (as long as you don't have to walk it!:) )

It's getting mighty warm here for May 1. Forecast 92F for today. Doesn't bode well for summer which is still weeks away! We're accustomed to hot weather, but doesn't mean we enjoy it.

Sasq
Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!

Hunter/Garcia