Fibromyalgia

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

fibromyalgia

Post by sapphire »

I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue/Fibromyalgia about 20 years ago and its no fun. One of the frustrating things about it is just how hard it is to explain what you are going through to someone not familiar with the condition.

IF anyone would like to revive tis topic, I'll be happy to share.
Diana
WSmac
Member Extraordinaire
Location: Northern California(North of the Bay Area, that is)

Post by WSmac »

From the women I know with this I get the feeling someone diagnosed with fm lives a lonely life of feeling like no one believes them.

Is that right Sapphire?

Basically, it is not commonly heard of and the symptoms can be so broad that the un-enlightened may think the sufferer is just over-reacting or making things up.

Like I said, that's what I get from my conversations with folks.

One lady I know is a third grade teacher.
She's a wonderful woman in her 40's, three daughters and a supportive husband.

I know somedays she just has to lie down and deal with it as best she can.
WSmac
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

Very true. It is hard to describe the many syptoms and the days that one can't get out of bed. Then comes the good days when you run around like a dervish and accomplish all sorts of things.

Diana
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

Hi, I don't know anything about the condition, but I notice some doctors say it might have something to do with brain activity.

I found fish oil to be a major boost to the brain: it contains long chain molecules which the brain needs, and seems to give a lot of resilience to the brain. I'm not sure if it would apply, but you can get this stuff easily and might be worth a try?
The only thing man cannot endure is meaninglessness.
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

Alas, has not been effective. However, eating more fruits and vegetables has had a positive effect.
Diana
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

One thing I forgot to say about the fish oil is that it takes 30 days for the body to build up the stores it needs. So it is about a 30 day kick-off period in which nothing much will feel different.

I've been taking 5ml a day for about 3 years now and if I stop, I notice a big difference, in irritability and low mood.
The only thing man cannot endure is meaninglessness.