Pant sale?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
binx
Member Extraordinaire

Pant sale?

Post by binx »

Had to LOL when I saw this advert on the Penney's website. Does this mean you are charged double the shown price? Or do they have a men's pant, that would actually be a really slim pencil skirt? Update: http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/greatpants.aspx?cm_ven=WKND%20EVENT&cm_cat=3SUPR&cm_pla=BOE&cm_ite=Great%20Pant%20Banner

binx
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

ummm

Post by Since1982 »

What advert??? no link in your post! :naughty:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Itriguing lack of link, sorry about the typing, holding the laptop off the ed with one hand, damn! bed that should have said. Lousy keyboard on this machine doesn't help.
Always wondered why you ask for a pair of pants or trousers then only get one garment. even sillier with shorts or knickers- one crotch, one waistbandy thing, no legs, sowhere is the pair? not two but three holes as well. Must be more annoying for those with less than the average number of legs as well.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Pant, Pant, Panting...

Post by Since1982 »

Binx, I think using the word "pant" in the singular is espousing the sound one makes when seeing these (to some) great looking trousers..as in "pant, pant, pant....wow, are those sexy looking or what?!!"

Then again, it might be just another case of the "Dumbing Down Of America". A poker site I go to is hosted by Daniel Negreaneu, a famous poker player. His site talks about a upcoming game at the "luxorious" Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas..Gee, I always thought that was "luxurious".... :)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
skirttron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirttron »

I have seen this use of "pant" even in the UK (e.g. Jog Pant), where (quite sensibly), the fussy "trousers" is being progressively dropped. On literacy in stores I have noticed dumbing down in punctuation, grammar and semantics, and sometimes this can be played to advantage. For instance, we bought a whole load of tiles from a place where a sign in the area our tiles were stacked said "all tiles reduced by 50%". At the checkout, the assistant tried to argue that this meant all of a selected range on those shelves, but a brief English lesson conducted with the store manager resulted in our getting full-price tiles at 50% off.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

Some examples

Post by Since1982 »

Some obvious examples of "dumbing down" new terms I see and hear on TV.."Get out the car", "I'm axing you a queschun", "That's the funnest thing I've ever done"... I looked in the Mirriam Webster Dictionary and can't find "funnest" listed as a word anywhere in there.. "Get out the car" is really bad sentence construction. Get out OF the car is ok, or Get out the money is ok..but "get out the car" infers that the car is IN something. Weird :naughty: :confused:

ChrisM
Member Extraordinaire

Pot & Kettle

Post by ChrisM »

Skip, you mean that the phrase IMPLIES that the car is in something...

Chris - (the other pedant in the cafe.)
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

ChrisM wrote:Skip, you mean that the phrase IMPLIES that the car is in something...

Chris - (the other pedant in the cafe.)
Chris,

I feel certain that you meant to write "...another pedant in the cafe." :naughty:

Afterall, you would not wish to imply that you are the only other pedant here, would you?

Sorry, I just could not resist :)

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce