Don't feed the spammers

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
binx
Member Extraordinaire

Don't feed the spammers

Post by binx »

Look at the Views count of the last one. Ignore these threads and perhaps they'll go away.

binx
Mary Jane Boy

Post by Mary Jane Boy »

Why don't they get deleted?
Mary Jane Boy

http://www.mary-janeshoes.com

"Mary Jane's - not just for girls anymore!"
crfriend
Master Barista

All things in moderation.

Post by crfriend »

Mary Jane Boy wrote:Why don't they get deleted?
Ideally, spam posts would get deleted, and deleted (both the (throwaway) user account and the message) very promptly, but let's face it, moderating any sort of public forum takes energy and time and those things are usually in pretty tight demand in this day and age. I don't know how large the cadre of moderators here is, but it seems a wee bit on the small side 'cause we've been swatted with two spammers' missives in the past couple of weeks, both of which are still visible.

I wonder if it might not be time for Bob to make an appeal for folks to step up as moderators.

As far as "commercial freedom of speech" is concerned, if you're a purveyor of mens' skirts (or any alternative to "the uniform"), then I suspect you're welcome here. If you're pushing drugs -- of ANY ilk -- then you're not, as such things are most decidedly off-topic here.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!