credit checks and employment (way way off topic)

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
dragonslain

credit checks and employment (way way off topic)

Post by dragonslain »

I had an interview today with a company and for the pre-employment screening they have to do a credit check. No background check or drug check, just a credit check. My credit isn’t great but it isn’t bad. I have had a few times of financial hardship over the last few years and did have to put a bill or two on the “back burner” in order to pay the rent and utilities.

Does anyone know why companies do this kind of check? I just can’t think of a reason why. All I can think of it’ll tell an employer if an applicant pays their bills on time. My Background is clean, I don’t do drugs, my past employers can/will vouch that I worked hard and was a dependable employee. I think that these last three would be of more value to them.

If anyone knows why, please let me know. It’s my first time applying outside the world of retail and so far it seems rather grim.

Thanks
:confused:
binx
Member Extraordinaire

Here's some search results

Post by binx »

MtnBiker
Distinguished Member

Post by MtnBiker »

I had this done to me once and it was explained that the credit report includes past employers and addresses -- helping to veriry data on your job application and resume.