Bags for men

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Topsy

Bags for men

Post by Topsy »

Steven wrote:I carry a purse almost all the time now for that exact reason, a typical day before I used a purse and was skating was,

Get dressed for skating, put keys, photographs, camera, phone, pens, notes, buisness cards, money, and wallet into change of clothing duffle bag, put tissues and water into skating bag.

Arrive at rink, put money, keys, and cell phone in skate bag, put skates on, put wallet, cell phone, and keys in skating notebook and take into rink with water and tissues.

Get done with skating, takes keys, wallet and cell phone out of skating notebook and put into skate bag, put water and tissues back into skate bag.

Go to work, put wallet, cell phone, money and keys into change of clothing duffle bag, change clothes, put keys, money, notes and pens in pockets. Put wallet and phone in desk.

Leave for work, put cellphone and wallet in pockets (I can't tell you how many times I've gone home wihout them) Arrive home and empty pockets and bags out to start all over again the next day.

------

All this very time consuming and annoying especially when I forget something like my wallet inthe bag, or leave it a home, or the cell phone, notes, and even the pen. Sure if I forget my purse I'll have just about everything missing, but the constant shuffling of things between all my pockets, bags, and notebooks was becoming a bit much so I said, "What the heck?" It just made sense to use something suited to the task of holding all the stuff I had.

My mom would rather see me carying a briefcase, but a purse is much more flexible and throwaroundable and it offers much more convience in my opinion (and easier to carry and work with)

I also find it a plus as I can carry my pictures and those key ring savings cards that I was always forgetting when I went shopping.

I couldn't agree more about the bag. I have been using a largish shoulder bag for the past year and regularly lose a bottle of water and my daily paper as well as my coin purse and all the other stuff I carry. I need to get a smaller bag to ration how much I carry !

In Europe, men's purses are common place, usually with grab handles rather than shoulder straps. The principle is there - why are the US/UK behind the rest of the Western world?
Topsy

Mostly Harmless
DanR

Post by DanR »

I've been using a bag I created while still at design school. It holds checkbooks, cell phone, wallet, and keys. A bag is much easier to deal with if you have a bad back like so many of us do. You aren't shifting your spine out of alignment when you sit down. That bag is getting a little tattered around the edges now though as I made it from plain black cotton duck. (But I did line it with a good quality lining fabric.) It has a shoulder strap and a removable inside zipper-topped pocket.

I'm still a little way off from offering unisex bags of my own design, but I'm definitely sold on the idea. I'm hoping I can release the first half dozen or so by the end of the year. Most will be made from leather.
Dan Richardson
The CitySkirt Company
bcmtnbka

Post by bcmtnbka »

When I use a shoulder bag, it usually carries my reading materials, a note book, few pens, a bottle water, my keys, my ipod and sunglasses.
Raphael

Chinese Blood, Kilted Heart, One United!

Join my Yahoo Kilts Night Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KiltsNight/

My Photo ALbum: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fangfamily

My Blog: http://xingtheline.blogspot.com/
nitrox

Post by nitrox »

I feel you on that skating part.. I have around 3 things (one bag) to carry into the rink 4 times/week.. I also bought a purse (Ralph lauren) that's more of a shoulder sling type. Looks sort of femme as it's dark blue denim and has a flap on it yet doesn't really have any sort of feminine looks about it like no pink or frilly bits.

It's funny too; most guys today have so much to carry around, minimum: phone, wallet, keys, mp3 player (ok most people don't have that), and glasses of some type. It would only make sense to have something besides buldging pockets to carry the stuff around in. Yet most guys haven't figured this out yet or are too embarassed and shy to do something about it.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Belly Bags

Post by Since1982 »

I use a "fanny pack" bag in front and when in Vegas last week it was absolutely indispensible, without it I'd have been totally lost. Had checkbook, cellphone, hotel key cards, food, pens, pads, glasses in case, rented car keys, tubes of crystal light drink mix, mentholyptus cough drops and lots of other stuff in the 3 compartments. I had pockets in my skirts I wore there but things often ride up and out of pockets, never in a zipped shut "belly bag" tho.... :)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

I've bought myself a smallish bag from a National Trust shop. They call it an 'Organiser bag' with lot of pockets and zips. Its a sort of khaki green and not at all 'girly'. During the week I use it to carry fruit to work (I cycle to work), and at weekends I carry a bottle of water in it. This in addition to all the usual junk as others have listed. It has become so useful, don't know how I managed before I got it.

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
gshubert

Post by gshubert »

I picked up a Jansport fanny pack two summers ago, but wear it in front. It has two zippered compartments. I keep a wallet and cell phone in the big one, and keys and a coin holder in the small one. I wear it almost all the time, with kilts, skirts, or pants.

Here's a photo,
--G. Shubert
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Shoulder bags

Post by Since1982 »

I can't get used to shoulder bags, can't get used to walking with one shoulder higher than the other to keep the strap from sliding off. When I do, I feel like the Hunchback of Notre Dame. LOL I had a carryon bag on my air flights both ways from and to Vegas and it had a shoulder strap and I started feeling like I was walking crooked.:think:

G. Shubert, I like that length in a straight skirt. Feels very comfy to me. Holds me together nicely when I sit and never have to worry about immodesty. :)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/