women in trouble with mini skirts

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
iain
Member Extraordinaire

women in trouble with mini skirts

Post by iain »

the allure of the woman in a miniskirt has started a backlash in a few places, over the past few years, I see:

Student leaders at a Ugandan university have asked their classmates to stop wearing mini-skirts and tight trousers:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3776407.stm

Authorities in Malaysia’s conservative Terengganu state plan to ban non-Muslim women wearing mini-skirts or figure-hugging dresses to work as part of a drive against indecency, state officials said on Monday.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/Default.aspx?id=3878913&p1=0

School girls in Swaziland are to be prevented from wearing mini-skirts from the beginning of next year, in what the government is portraying as an attempt to halt the spread of Aids.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/841319.stm

===

I don't see anything wrong with guys wearing shorter skirts, if they're worn carefully and balanced out with the right tops.

you want some feeling of gravity from the look of it, but they don't have to be drooping past the ankles like some guys wear them, looking llike frumpy middle aged spinsters!

but if they get a bad reaction even from other cafe members, they should take heart. look what happened in the 60's to women who started to wear them:

* Women in mini-skirts were not allowed to enter Vatican City.

* In the Congo, police arrested 300 women wearing mini-skirts, which were
banned.

* Churches in Caracas, Venezuela put up signs telling people to give up
their minis or "be condemned to hell." (I'll go to hell immediately, if they will be there too!)

* In Egypt, women in minis were subject to a charge of indecent behavior.
This law was passed because two women wore mini-skirts in the center of
Cairo and caused a two-hour traffic jam.

* Disneyland outlawed mini-skirts - the gatekeepers measured the distance
from a woman's knee to her hemline and restricted her entrance until she
ripped out the hem.

* In Greece, anyone wearing a mini-skirt was jailed.

* A sixty-three-year-old man in Rio De Janeiro on a bus was overcome when
a young woman wearing a mini-skirt crossed her legs in the seat next to him.
He bit her on the thigh and was sentenced to three days in jail.
The only thing man cannot endure is meaninglessness.
CharlesG

Post by CharlesG »

Boy Oh Boy,
How come there are no sample photos of these mini-skirts in those articles? I still appreciate seeing a good set of legs hanging out the bottom of a mini-skirt
:cheer:
Regards,
Charlie
Skirts, A NEW freedom for men to pursue.
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

whaddya mean, "still" ?? I don't think that interest ever comes to a halt! except when we're pushing up daisies...
The only thing man cannot endure is meaninglessness.
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

iain wrote: * Disneyland outlawed mini-skirts - the gatekeepers measured the distance
from a woman's knee to her hemline and restricted her entrance until she
ripped out the hem.
Some people get all the best jobs :shifty:

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

Goodness me! Nearly all the places I NEVER ever wish to visit, and all in one post! That makes me feel much better that I live in a society where mini-skirted ladies (currently) abound. My shortest is 19in - does that qualify, I wonder?
Rogon

Post by Rogon »

19 inches!!! That's almost to the knees. Gotta start at 14" then get shorter to call them 'mini'.

BTW I had a preliminary court (justice) date today. Was wearing a new skort, about 14" overall, 3" at the inseam. Did the skort to be conservative. While standing in line, read the sign, "No admittance: Tank tops, shorts, or cutoffs." Wasn't sure the skort was going to fly at that point. Have to go back next week, I think I'll go with an ankle length skirt. :cheer: :ninjajig:

FYI, 'cutoffs' are pants, jeans, etc cut to the desired length without rehemming them.