MSN and hotmail

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
mushroom

MSN and hotmail

Post by mushroom »

These 2 entities on the internet are controlled by Microsoft...please read the End User Lisence Agreement.... IN FULL. BEFORE you sign up !!!! anything you post on this site will be recorded by MS WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT... This is extremely dangerous if you value your privacy..... Everything you say on these and other MS controlled websites belongs to THEM if you agree to their terms....PPPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEE DO NOT sign up for thier services as it WILL invade your privacy... You may consider this as a conspiracy theory if you wish.... fine... be that way.... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED1!!!!!
It's MY skirt... and I'll wear it anywhre I please... thank you
The Satirist

Post by The Satirist »

Oh please! Since the patriot act was passed, the US gov't can monitor everything you say or do. They did it before, but now it's legal. There is no privacy anymore. Using Microsoft Hotmail doesn't cause a risk to your privacy any more than talking on the phone does.
Freedom since July 3, 2004.

Genius can be recreated - Stupidity is irreplaceable. -The Satirist 2004-
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

The Satirist wrote:Using Microsoft Hotmail doesn't cause a risk to your privacy any more than talking on the phone does.
Yep. We've had free three-way calling in the US for years: You, the person you called, and the NSA.

Alright, that's a groaner. Sorry. :)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

crfriend wrote:Yep. We've had free three-way calling in the US for years: You, the person you called, and the NSA.

Alright, that's a groaner. Sorry. :)
Actually, that was a good one! IMHO.. :clap:

--Rick
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

I heard that the NSA is soooo secret that it's known as the (looks around to see if anyone is listening) 'No Such Agency' :D

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Topsy

Shhhhhhhhh

Post by Topsy »

Charlie

Did you know that the NSA have listening posts in the UK?

Obviously they're not in the phone book!
Topsy

Mostly Harmless
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Topsy wrote:Did you know that the NSA have listening posts in the UK?
Hey! Stop spreading paranoia! After all, everybody knows about Echelon. :)
Topsy wrote:Obviously they're not in the phone book!
That all depends on what 'phone book you're looking in. I'm given to understand that the NSA is prominently listed in the 'phone books that come as standard equipment on black helicopters. ;)

Topsy -- On a more serious note, and one that's actually on-topic (say what?) how's the battle going with your employer. I'm sure that there are a few of here that are watching what's going on with interest. Best of luck!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Phone Book

Post by Since1982 »

They are in MY phone book. Does NSA stand for National Stupidity Association??? By the way, I got MY phone book out of a black helicopter. Or was it mauve????:rolleyes:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Topsy

Baaaaa

Post by Topsy »

Of course in certain parts of the UK, NSA stands for National Sheep Association. Baaaaaaah :rolleyes:

CRFriend - update posted in the appropriate thread!
Topsy

Mostly Harmless
Steven

Post by Steven »

While your on that subject, so does Google, the save every search term and the requesting IP.

Google also runs gmail, they also save every message you get and send.

There are countless other places that save your information, with or without your consent, most of it of course is used to direct advertising toward potential customers.

Steven
People should fear the people that fear me - "The Fifth Edge"
Tim Stannard

Post by Tim Stannard »

Using the internet is like walking in the snow!
You leave bl**dy great footprints! anyone can follow you.

However, I think they will get rather bored following mine.
While I was sitting and reading,
a thought just entered my head,
If I can't wear a skirt while I'm living,
I certainly can't when I'm dead!
Bravehearts.us
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bravehearts.us »

Well, I don’t see it as being any different then a public conversation. If you don’t want others to hear you, then don’t talk.
Lar
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Since1982 wrote:Does NSA stand for National Stupidity Association???
While we're this far off topic, has anyone else ever wondered whether DNA stands for National Dyslexic Association? :)

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

yes, I must admit I fail to see the concern: why would someone post their opinions on a public website, open to view by many persons unknown, and then worry that someone else will be recording their words? if you believe something, then you believe it.. and if someone can use that to your detriment, there's nothing you can do about it once you've decided to air your views.
The only thing man cannot endure is meaninglessness.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Mushroom wrote:These 2 entities on the internet are controlled by Microsoft...please read the End User Lisence Agreement.... IN FULL. BEFORE you sign up !!!! anything you post on this site will be recorded by MS WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT... This is extremely dangerous if you value your privacy..... Everything you say on these and other MS controlled websites belongs to THEM if you agree to their terms....PPPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEE DO NOT sign up for thier services as it WILL invade your privacy... You may consider this as a conspiracy theory if you wish.... fine... be that way.... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED1!!!!!
This, scares me. Mushroom, I think you need to get out more. Close your internet connection entirely and never use a computer again. EVERYTHING you type when online or save to fav places has the possibility of someone or many someone's recording or saving it for nefarious purposes. I knew that way back in 1995 when I bought my first Dell computer. It's not new news. IF you're that worried about the Powers that be then you definitely shouldn't ever get out from under your mushroom. The Armed Forces, Police, FBI, Secret Service and all the other clandistine organizations have the ability to go right into your computer whenever they please, either by search warrant and removing it from your house or monitoring whatever you're doing on it when you're online. How do you think they catch so many hackers?

Did you see the movie "Phenomenon" where the Gov heard John Travolta's character figure out dots and dashes on a HAM radio and come right to the HAM radio owners house? That's fiction, but it's not that far from the truth. They CAN do that. I don't do anything illegal and therefor don't worry about big organizations researching me for whatever purposes they please. I can't stop them, so why worry?

This is not a personal attack against Mushroom, I like him. I do think he's wayyyyy overthinking all this tho.:think:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/